Farewell!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ECOdork, Mar 14, 2005.

1. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    I just thought I'd post a quick message on my last day in SoCal: :(
    My MTB experience here in SoCal went beyond anything I could have dreamed! Despite the rain, it truly was an MTB Fantasy Land! And really, it felt like as much rain as I would have encountered in TX, so it all balances out, I guess. :?:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to formally meet many--if any--of the folks on this board. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the advice, the pictures, the encouragment, the laughs, and the stories. But most of all, I enjoyed sharing the trails with you all. I know most people do realize how nice things are out here, and I know I have said it before, but I'll say it again: be mindful to appreciate all that you have here in SoCal. In my few months here, we have all seen how easily it can be taken away by "the man/the system" (Big Bear), by nature (mudslides and historical rain events) or simply by one of those lapses in focus that we have all experienced. Do what you can to support/preserve/respect your open spaces or you will end up like so many other states with relatively little public land.

There is still a chance that I'll end up coming back in the Fall, but that is yet to be decided. Until then I look forward to visiting the area a few times over the spring and summer. Hopefully I can rent/borrow a bike and we can go for a ride! And hopefully I don't loose the legs and lungs that I have worked so hard to achieve....no doubt it will take an extra loop or two at the usual local spot to equal one "STT to Old Camp"...and the views just won't be the same... :-({|=

I have a fun drive ahead of me as I plan to MTB and camp my way across the Southwest with a friend of mine. Should be a good way to pass the miles between here and TX.

So thanks again for being so welcoming to a flatlander and for sharing the trails! I'm sure I'm going to bore the socks off of my riding buddies back home with endless detail about the sweet trails in SoCal. :lol:

Now I'm off to squeeze one more ride in before I have to pack up the truck....so many places to choose from....:-k...so many wonderful places....=P~

TexLepomis :wave:

p.s. LBmtb, when the stickers are ready, I'll send you a check and envelope so I can sport them out East.

2. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

Hey, it was great having you. Hit us up again next time your in town. :wave:

3. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

Good luck to you, Tex. Your intelligent and thoughtful contributions here will be missed by many, I'm sure.

No need to be a total stranger, though; last I heard you can get to this site from quite a few places--TX included!

Take it easy! :wave:

4. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Man . . . if I knew you woulda been leaving today I woulda tried to meet you for a ride. Hopefully this is only a temporary " :wave: "

Make sure you keep us up to date on what's going on with you and post some pictures of the trails out in Texas!

I'll make sure to get you some decals once I get those in.

Have fun on your trip back :bang:

5. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    Thanks for all the positive words! I'll certainly look back on my time here with grins!

And I forgot to mention: If for any crazy reason you find yourself in the central TX region over the next months, don't hesitate to shoot me a line! I'll conjure up a bike for you and we can hit up some of the goods TX has to offer. BBQ, cheap beer, and some fine MTB trails....or at the very least, I could point you in the right direction to find all of the above! It may not be a plate of fish tacos and a beer @ Wahoo's after a killer ride in the Santa Ana's, but there are many sweet trails to be had throughout the state....you just gotta be willing to drive to them.

Thanks again and I'll definitely post a pic or two from the journey!

talk to y'all in about a week! 8)
    [email protected]

6. mytrustysteed

mytrustysteed Middle...the new granny

Adios. I'm glad you got to make that climb to Santiago peak before leaving...good luck in TX

7. chubacabra

chubacabra Threapy Dog

8. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    Yea, much later like 11 years too late. -Lloyd

guero likes this.