Race Report Enduro Events Aliso, RR. How did we all do?

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by shawndoh, May 4, 2013.

1. shawndoh

shawndoh New Member

My Heckler and I grabbed 3rd- in the cat 3, 30-39 bracket. Feels pretty good. My second race and I got on the box!

I hung with the leaders until Mathis. I then took the lead until Rock-it... Then, race winning Kris C. shot through- never to be seen again! Dam he was fast, through to the end. After Kris passed, that left Adrian and I to battle for 2nd. I kept him at bay until, maybe a quarter mile past Coyote. Once he got by, I could not pull it closer than 20 yards. I finished about 10 seconds behind him and about a 1 off the leader.
    Gotta work on my flat land pedaling, for sure.

Good times!

Thanks so much to Ron and Andy, plus the rest of the volunteers, sponsors and shops. It was great fun watching my niece and nephew in the children's race!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
  2. Judge Shredd

Judge Shredd Member

Professional Student
    Had a great time today and thanks to all who helped make it happen. Looking forward to racing Santiago Oaks. One thing I did notice is that my strava time was ~2min faster than the time recorded at the race. I looked at some other people's strava from today and noticed the same thing. I dont think it would have made a difference though anyway.:bang:

Took a few pics at the end of the race,
    http://s17.photobucket.com/user/skaterasf/library/Aliso Woods Enduro Stuff Race?sort=3&page=1

Post-race recap:

The guy who crashed at the finish line
    [​IMG]

The guy wearing these socks
    [​IMG]

Glamour shot of Ron's dog
    [​IMG]

3. Enduro Stuff

Enduro Stuff New Member

Great Day today! Thanks Riders!

It was a great day today! Thank you riders for staying safe and riding so fast.
    These pics are very cool and Koa had a great time seeing everyone.

As far as the Strava, GPS is not accurate in some areas such as trees and valleys. I have compared the times to last year and they are consistent. We used two computer timers from the start to finish and that is very accurate. I want to make sure we do things right to keep everyone happy and racing.
    We are excited about the next race at the Oaks and registration will open up this coming week! endurostuffevents.com
    Ron

4. Johnny5spot

Johnny5spot New Member

I was hoping no one took pics of me crashing. Any way I was able to pull out a 3rd place finish in the Clydesdale class. Had a great time on the course and felt good. Both my kids had a great time with the kids race and overall a great event.

5. CarbonLegs

CarbonLegs Search for ultimate ride.

Moto Tech
    Sportsman was a tuff Race....

6. TranceRider

TranceRider No, I don't Ride a GIANT

IT Project Manager
    Great event today, was glad to be a part of it! All the volunteers did a great job - special thanks to the EMT who fixed me up after I left part of my face (and glasses) on Rock-It, and big thanks to Ron for letting me use his flat-bed to sit on while I got treated and for storing my extra water bottle. :clap:

Very happy and fortunate to have finished third today in Beginner 40-49!

7. shawndoh

shawndoh New Member

No worries Johnny, you had the biggest cheer of all the finishers! :bang:

8. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
    Congrats to everyone out there. The UCI/Laguna Cyclery team was out there having a great time. It was pretty cool for us, since for the last couple of years, neither UCI nor Laguna Cyclery has had a team, and it was cool to see a college and its sponsor race together. Another thing I was stoked on were the people cheering on the course. My favorite was the 2 girls halfway up mathis and 2 people at the top, I think we all needed those. Thanks Ron for holding this and Ill see ya'all at oaks.

9. Chamberlink

Chamberlink New Member

I had a great time out there this morning! I raced beginner and wasnt expecting such a quick pace right from the start, but this was my first race that went uphill, and I really enjoyed it. Little Miss Piggy and I didn't finish that great, but I can't wait to see everyone out there at the next race.
    -Kris

10. Enduro Stuff

Enduro Stuff New Member

Awsome!

You all kicked butt and I love that you loved it, I am chilling out tonight and watching a movie. I will have the results up tomorrow. I am a bit tired but stoked that you all had such a great time. Spread the word and let's make the Oaks a huge race, it is the coolest course of all. I do love doing this and appreciate all of you coming out. Thanks!

11. Rollnstone

Rollnstone ...

Ron - I also think that the Beginner Men 50+ recorded times were 2 minutes slow. Both my Bike Computer and my Strava recording (via iPhone) showed exactly two minutes faster than the posted times. Not that it makes a difference in the finishing order.

It was a great race all around. I like the early start (but I wish I would have known that the park wouldn't let us in until 6am...I could have slept in an extra half hour). I took 6 minutes off my best time on this course (4 minutes faster on Mathis alone). Amazing what a little competition will do.

12. Old School

Old School Member

No Kidding. It looks like a few Sport men are more than ready for Expert. A couple might have made the podium in Expert today.

It was a great event today. This event last year got me back into mountain bike racing after a very long time, and I still love getting to race the local trails. Thanks Ron and everyone else involved for putting on such a great series!

I finished 7th of 11 in Sport, but felt really good about my time and had some fun back and forth with some other mid-pack sport riders in my class. Getting passed going up Mathis, passing them back at the top of Rock-it, getting passed again going up Mathis the second time (felt like I was dying on that second lap), making up some time on the downhill, and finally catching them towards the end of Potholes. Made for a fun sprint to the finish.

More than anything, I was glad to be able to make it through the race and not feel too sketchy on Rock-it in my first ride back after my crash last week.

Can't wait for Oaks!

13. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

Great race! Placed 2nd in my class behind Big Mo who took first. Thanks to Ron for putting it on, see you all at Oaks in a few weeks!

14. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    I got 6th out of 11 in Beg. Mens 50+. I was in 4rd place halfway up Mathis until...There was a guy who passed me but then got off his bike and walked on Mathis. I thought he was cooked. I passed him only to have him pass me back on his bike. He cracks again and walks. I pass him and he's back on his bike and passes me again. He did this a total of 3 or 4 times. Well, it worked for him as he got to the top of Mathis first and was gone on the downhill, lol! I had a great time--the bike ran great and I had no mishaps. Thanks to Ron, Jake, Jenna, Andy and all the volunteers for their hard work! See you at Santiago Oaks in July.

15. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
    Anyone have any ide who took the pictures? I saw a couple of photographers out there?

16. Steammachine

Steammachine Member

Mechanical Engineer
  17. shawndoh

shawndoh New Member

The pictures were very nice. This is just before Kris (orange helmet) makes his move. 45703686-IMG_5339-2.jpg

18. Old School

Old School Member

Cool, I didn't know the pics were posted already! I think it may be time for me to update my profile pic from last year's Aliso race. I love the action shots coming through the rock garden. It's kind of cool to recognize the riders you were chasing down (or were chasing you down) as you flip through the gallery. Also interesting to check out everyone's form and "attack" position through that section. Funny how different mine is in my head compared to the picture. :lol:

Great pics, Doubleoh7!

19. CarbonLegs

CarbonLegs Search for ultimate ride.

Moto Tech
  20. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    Was Rockit the only spot C to C was shooting? I recall seeing other guys who were actively shooting on other spots.