Elfin Forest Enduro and XC

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Salespunk, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Salespunk

Salespunk New Member

Just a heads up for everyone that there is another PCA Enduro coming up Feb 2nd. The location is even closer to OC at Elfin Forest Reserve just inland from Carlsbad. These are some of the best Enduro courses in Socal. There is also an XC race the day before, but be prepared that this is not some smooth fire road course. It is real back country mountain biking with a lot of elevation gain per lap. Come out and get those shiny bikes dirty!

Enduro Link

http://www.racepca.com/

Video from Race 1

[video=vimeo;83120740]http://vimeo.com/83120740[/video]

XC Link

http://www.racersandchasers.com/

2. Rollnstone

Rollnstone ...

Just saw this on the RacePCA Facebook page:

Due to permit issues and working in conjunction with the fire/safety crews out at Elfin Forest, the PCA Enduro will be pushed back two weeks to the weekend of February 15-16. We apologize for any inconvenience that may result in this schedule change but look forward to a great weekend of racing with all of our PCA racing family at Elfin Forest.

3. pmortuary

pmortuary They call me D2

Lead CAD Designer
    I would really love to try some of these events. Am I the only one that thinks they are a little on the expensive side?

I know it takes a lot of work plus equipment permits.... Just wondering if it's just me?

4. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Nope - not just you, and Black mtn was still open to the public, possibility of racing a stage with another rider. I haven't asked Nancy, but I'm hoping they at least clear each timed stage.

But REALLY wish I was in town for this one!

5. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

These guys are worth supporting...the rough equivalent would be running an Enduro in the Oaks or Aliso...they work hard to work with the authorities down there (the ones that manage and patrol the parks, not the agency that keeps shutting down trails). I'd also imagine that fees pump back into the locals and the parks...much better than sending your entry fees off to USA Cycling and getting less for your money than PCA and the guys give you.

I would support them if Enduro was in my cards, but I'm turning into a longer distance XC guy.

6. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    1368 ft climbing in a 5.33 mile lap for the XC (x3 for Sport)? That's a beast of a course.

7. Salespunk

Salespunk New Member

The timing issues are huge for Enduro. There are three different start points and three different finish lines. In addition they run real time stats so you can see where you place right after you cross the line.

Unfortunately the Elfin race has now been postponed indefinitely due to issues with EMS service. Next race will be out at M Trail in Moreno Valley early March. You guys should definitely come out and support Robert and Eric. They put on solid events at very cool venues. Their courses are real Enduro tracks with lots of techy fun. I am sure that Nancy can add some color since I have seen her at a lot of the races.

8. pinnacle10

pinnacle10 Member

Teacher
    Home Page:
    On their website this was listed -

Upcoming Events:

March 1-2 - Riverside "M" Trail Winter XC FINALS and Enduro # 3

There was no other info that I could find. Does anyone know if they're definitely have an XC race at Box Springs? I'm pretty sure last year it was just the Enduro. Any ideas on the course?

9. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

10. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Not much info posted yet: http://www.racersandchasers.com/

11. Salespunk

Salespunk New Member

I confirmed with Robert that there will be an XC event.

12. Rollnstone

Rollnstone ...

The March 1st and 2nd Races have been postponed due to the expected rain.

Subject: Riverside enduro rain postponement
    Out of respect for the trails at the Box Springs Mountain park, you our valued participants, and our gracious sponsors we have concluded that the best decision after long discussions with the park ranger staff is to move the Riverside events to March 29 - 30.

From the park ranger staff, "After speaking with my Natural Resource Manager we decided that with heavy rains in the forecast it will be unsafe to have an event on the reserve. However, we would be happy to reschedule your event March 29-30. We look forward to seeing you next month."

Riders who have already registered will automatically be forwarded to the March 29 - 30 events. If you can not make the new date then please let us know and we will refund your entry fee.