Dons of Rialto

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by guero, Oct 19, 2007.

1. guero

guero iFroth

I'll plug Don's Bikes of Rialto. They've taken care of me for years. Lifetime adjustments on all bikes purchased at their shop is a wonderful customer retention tool. I meet customers all the time that drive 50 to 100 miles out of the way to purchase and get their bikes serviced at Don's. It's not just the lifetime adjustments and the pricing...Scott, Wayne, Ben, Adrian, Johnny-O, and Damon really take care of you there.

I don't know if I'm the exception because I've seen them do it for other customers, but there have been many occasions where I came in the day before a race and asked if they could just give my bike a once over. They've (mostly Johnny-O) dropped what they were doing to fully adjust my derailleurs, check my brakes, and check the suspension. I have to argue with them that I did NOT need them to clean my bike for me.

I remember that the day before the State Finals at Castaic Lake last year, I brought Ronda (Chicks Who Rip) into the shop. She was looking at the Stumpjumpers and Scott and Adrian asked if she wanted to take it out to the race. Ronda said thanks, but the bike was too big. They said no problem and there was a brand new one in a box they would put together for her if she wanted. Mind this...the shop was closing in about 20 minutes. Again they said no problem and they jumped on the build and had everything together in about 45 minutes. Suspension and the seat were set, and we were on our way!! They just said, "Tell us how you like it."

Ronda had a blast on the bike and ended up finishing on the podium. Guess where Ronda finally bought her Specialized Epic when it was time for her to replace her tank of a RockHopper?

(originally posted by CeeDubb)

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Yeah, good shop. They also deal in top of the line road bikes.I think it's Scott that was a very good roadie. They are close to my house and I do go in occasionally, to drool over some of the stuff.

3. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    Scott was a pro roadie. He rode for the 7-up team and was sort of in-charge of it for a while. Turns out that he was the first one to sign David Zabriskie as a pro rider. Then Discovery offered David Z. mo' money and Scott said go I can't afford you anymore! He still rides a lot and is still super fast, but not as fast as he once was.

I think Adrian is an up and coming racer too. Don't know what he is racing now, but I do know that he races and he races a lot.

And about the bike shop....

The shop really is great. Very big on Specialized bikes and now also Santa Cruz bikes. I am also seeing Intense bikes there more and more. I have been in there before a race before and needed something and they have given me sweet deals. Everytime I go in there to buy stuff they always give me a "special" price. They really know their stuff. I think Ben used to be a really good mechanic for like 24-hour teams and stuff, but I am not so sure on that. They also have a team that does the 12 hours of Temecula and they are getting better and better. They took 2-person open and 3-person open in January. I am curious to see how close they get to the KHS/Cytomax team in june (assuming the KHS/Cytomax team still shows up to dominate).

4. crashergs

crashergs New Member

Carpenter
    I bought my stump jumper there and a fsr for the lady, they are good peeps there, but they've had my stumpy for 3 weeks now (a fox shock in service) fox doesnt take that long during these times. I've spoken to other local shops and their turn around times even for a complete overhaul is 1 weeks time right now:-k, but ya, scott and adrian are cool peeps, the smaller guy give's attitudes and once I over heard them talking about hispanics while they were working on bikes, and I did not appreciate it much as I am hispanic decent.

5. number7s

number7s number7s

great shop, great people, i think weve bought a few extra bikes thanks to wayne haha

6. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Just an FYI, Dons Bikes is no longer a Specialized Dealer, nor a Trek Dealer. Thats as far as I can go into it. So dont ask

7. crashergs

crashergs New Member

Carpenter
    ill finish it off :)

they are selling intense, cannondale, and their major brand will be scott

8. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    oh man, no more specialized? that was their number 1. I haven't been there in a while since they started overcharging me for everything, maybe thats when they stopped selling specialized. Oh well. I got a smoking deal on an epic while it lassted

9. crashergs

crashergs New Member

Carpenter
    are you the one that bought their large epic (demo bike) i was close to buying the medium frame for 2399.00

10. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    No, I ride a medium. I got a medium epic marathon carbon, but it wasn't from their shop. I went in there one day looking to upgrade a bunch of stuff of my current bike. They had a few demos I was interested in, but couldn't technically sell them. So they went on the computer and searched specialized for demo bikes or something and found a screamin deal on it. So I decided between the cost I was gonna spend on upgrades and how much I could sell my old bike for, it was almost the cost of the new bike so I took it.

11. KonaDawgDeluxe

KonaDawgDeluxe REKE/DMC

construction estimator/Project MGR
    Don's is a very good shop. They are not a Kona dealer but I decided to take my bike in to get my deraileur adjusted. I didn't want to drive out to Coates Cyclery-Pomona. They put my bike on the stand right there and then and the tech adjusted my deraileur. He also looked over the bike and tightened/adjusted some things up. He refused to charge me. I was very appreciative. I have bought miscellaneous items there like tubes and a water bottle cage after. :clap:

12. KonaDawgDeluxe

KonaDawgDeluxe REKE/DMC

construction estimator/Project MGR
    Damn, here I am giving Don's good reviews and then I read your comments about the staff talking shit about latinos. But than it figures.... its Rialto. [-X

13. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    All I know about Rialto they have a pretty cool Spearmint Rhino :?:

14. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    right next door to dons!

15. Upsidedown1

Upsidedown1 Peddler

Service Mgr in a POS company
    I purchased a demo Epic Expert from them a year and a half ago. Got a great price and then spent just as much upgrading it 9 months later when I started XC racing. Got the bike down to a little over 23lbs and love it. Considering buying a Scott for my next bike from them. Time will tell.

16. Apple_Yak

Apple_Yak Member

I really like Dons Bikes. I have purchased two bikes there. Scott and his brother are great to work with. Will keep going back...