Dislocated Finger

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by HELLDOG, Nov 4, 2007.

1. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    I dislocated my finger last Wed @ the Fully Loop and after a week it's still swollen. I still rode last Sat and got on the trainer last night, plus I'll be riding the Loop tonight.

Sometimes you just gotta ride through even though it's uncomfortable. The hardest part is that I changed my tires and I had the hardest time because it's my index finger...no bueno.

2. slowSSer

slowSSer ali'i hua

Project Scientist
    physical therapy's going to hurt more, but it's worth the effort- the swelling can be permanent due to a messed up tendon. with PT, you can get the tendon swelling back to normal.

3. HELLDOG

HELLDOG New Member

Structural Reinforcement
    I have an appt on Mon. the 19th.#-o I will get back with an update for sure. Thanks for all the great advice. I was just going to let it heel on its own but, I want my finger back:bang:

4. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Make sure

to get a prescription for some vicodin .

You still owe me 4 or 5 and my stash is low. ;)

Also send the doc bill to Mark.:lol:#-o

Are you going on the HJ night ride?

5. slowSSer

slowSSer ali'i hua

Project Scientist
    also, don't forget the soma. talk about a "fukitall" pill. a soma and one beer makes you just melt into nothing.

6. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Nice!

Helldog's finger was knarly. He did it on Dark hallow in Brian Head (was right behind him).

7. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

dark hollow is the shiz!

i can't throw a peace sign cause of my jacked up fingers, instead i just do the craw ... i dunno wat andy is doin :lol:

[​IMG]

8. Hanzo

Hanzo .

Isnt there a copyright on that picture? Ive seen a certain someone post a couple of Allisons on mtbARRR???#-o

That bubb in the red is thinking to himself... look at these 2 muck mucks.:lol:

9. HELLDOG

HELLDOG New Member

Structural Reinforcement
    Yep! That is why I am doing the physical therapy treatment (see pic)
    Although, it does make a for a good mtb crash story

10. thammara

thammara New Member

I just googled and found this post. It's funny that this is such a common thing. I dislocated my ring finger a month ago.

I was riding San Diego's Mission Trails and took a spill about a mile from my car. After I relocated the finger I decided to ride for 2 more hours because I realized I wouldn't be able to ride again for a while.

Anyways, I splinted it right away when I got home, and stopped riding for a month. Now, the pain is almost gone. It's straight but I can't bend it anymore than 45 degrees without any discomfort. The joint swelling went down a lot but hasn't completely went away. I started exercising it two days ago. Heat it with water/pad then bend it and hold it for 30 seconds, then strraighten for 30 seconds. I did this about 3 times a day, 30 minutes, for the past two days, and it seems to help the flexibility. I hope it returns to normal and the swelling goes down, else I'll have to wear my wedding ring on my right hand when I get married. Haha