Crank Brothers Customer Service (merged threads)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by Uncle Rico, May 4, 2008.

1. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

personal trainer
    Ive gone to Cranks Brothers twice in the last month for two separate things and have received great service. I just wanted to give these guys a thumbs up for going above and beyond and doing even more than I expected.

Not only do they make great products but they back them up as well. So far, I have only been using their pedals and multi tools, but with their service I will definitely be using more of their stuff.

Hats off to a great local company.

2. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

i love the layout of their office it's like a software company *cough*Apple*cough* so open and mellow makes for happy employees :)

3. el_d00der1n0

el_d00der1n0 New Member

Home Page:
  4. Pugz

Pugz Fat guy in a little coat

Purchasing Manager
    I had a great experience as well, definitely made me feel good about choosing to purchase products from them.

5. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Customer Service

practice makes perfect

6. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Just wanted to post my experience with CB...awesome!

I mailed my Candy C's out on Monday and received them back today, Friday. Left pedal got a check up...right pedal had surgery :)

Here are the goods:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

7. reflux

reflux New Member

Delicious looking pedal.

8. katonk

katonk .

You can pry my CB's out of my cold dead hands, but I'd rather have a pedal that doesn't break all the time and NOT know how good their customer service is.

I solved this problem by buying a "spare" set of candy's so I can ride while one of the other sets are in for service.

9. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

I've told the story a couple times before but it was my own damn, dumb fault that the pedal got wrecked in the first place...full bore into a rock when I wasn't paying attention. Not many pedals would have survived it...

10. dutch

dutch New Member

Jax Bicycle Center Irvine, client advisor
    my friend just applied to work there!

He's a mechanical engineer and not really a cyclist per se (although he did use a lot of cycling related products ((including machining his own hubs)) on a big gravity car project).

Supposedly the guy that he talked to was really cool and he's hoping for that job more than any other.

11. VinceM

VinceM Member

Writer/Reporter
    CB has been good to me too. I lost the end caps on my egg beaters, so I call them up. Three days later, there were four new ones in my mail, free of charge. :clap:

V

12. danlorek

danlorek New Member

i'd give them a thumbs up as well... had a pair of candy 50/50s that came on a used bike i picked up. i needed a couple misc screws and i called them up. a couple of days later i got the parts in the mail free of charge along with a sticker that i proudly displayed on my truck for a few years!

13. el cap

el cap Active Member

It's so cool they are in OC. If you ever break any of their parts at Aliso or El Moro, just go down to their shop in Laguna Canyon and they will fix it. A friend of mine did that and they replaced it on the spot.

14. el cap

el cap Active Member

15. Trailster

Trailster New Member

I don't know if I would use a pedal if I needed two pairs due to their consistent malfunction. I used candies for about two months but I had a reoccuring problem.

16. katonk

katonk .

Good question. It's because they're the only pedals I've found that I like and don't make my knees hurt.

17. pastamon

pastamon broom wagon

slackin' mofo
    I have had excellent CS from Crank Bros. Several years ago I got a set of Mallet C pedals. On a ride in rocky terrain the "eggbeater" portion of the pedal got bent on a rock. I sent Crank Bros an email asking if it could be fixed. They told me to just send them the pedals and they would take care of it. When I got them back they had a note inside saying they'd also rebuilt the bearings/bushings part of the pedals as well -- all under warranty.

My experience with their Candy pedals wasn't as good -- I kept unclipping just from using body english. The same exact shoes worked fine with Mallets, so it wasn't a shoe/cleat interference issue.

I think the Candy is a great pedal for XC racers, or for newbies who want to be able to unclip really easily. But for aggressive riding when using body english, they were useless to me. I went back to the Mallets and I don't mind the extra weight.

18. Jordansrealm

Jordansrealm New Member

Photographer/Editor
    Home Page:
    I went down there to get a custom color for my Candy pedals and everyone there was extremely helpful!

19. slo65

slo65 Balls of fluff

Living the dream
    when i got my candy c's i went to put their sticker on something and hard to explain but yea, sticker didn't work (lemon?) wrote them a email asking for a replacement and they graciously sent me out 4 new ones! rock on CB

20. RustyIron

RustyIron Rob S.

Home Page:
    Yeah, this is an old thread, but I need to resurect it and chime in.

I have a set of 2Ti Eggbeaters that have been on the bike a grand total of three weeks. One developed some end-play issues, so I cruised over to the Crank Brothers office this morning. The dude takes one look at 'em, and tells me they're OLD. The springs are of a design that they stopped making four years ago.

Hmph. Even though they were NEW three weeks ago, I bought them from another rider who must have had them sitting on the shelf for quite some time. Knowing that, I exected that it was time for me to get out my wallet if I wanted my pedals fixed. Au contraire. The CB gent showed me how the end cap design had evolved over the past four years. Then he hooked me up with two sets of the replacement end caps that don't have the problem. Now the pedals are BETTER than when they were new.

With an excellent product and equally good customer service, I expect that I'll be using Crank Brothers products for a long time to come.