Ride Report Corona to somewhere road ride

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by 1x1clyde, Mar 4, 2007.

1. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    RR: Corona to somewhere road ride

Thanks to Steven(cH4os) and Rob(Rob) for joining me this morning, good times!
    We started at Green River and the 91, down the bike path to Imperial Highway, over to Santa Ana Canyon Road which becomes Santiago blvd which becomes Wanda Road then to Collins which becomes Prospect to Chapman. Then it was up to Jamboree/Chapman intersection for a bevie break at the gas station. We were going to hit Santiago Canyon Road but I had to be back by 10am.

On our way back we encountered the lovely tailwind that whisked us there, now it was in our faces! Nothing like pedaling downhill as the wind wants to push you back up or as Steven called it, "parachute training!"

Huge props to Rob for sticking it out on his new ride, the LHT, that wind is nothing nice to us "bigger" guys! Everytime Rob rolled up, he was smiling.....or I thought maybe imagining my death for dragging him around this morning:lol: !

One funny thing about snotty roadies this morning, every road rider we encountered waved back, it was - Shock, Gasp!!- the mountain bike riders that vibed us at the Albertsons parking lot, even though we said good morning....too bad they did not know we can ride mountain bikes too:lol:
    We are thinking of making this a weekly ride, the route will always change but look for around 4 hours saddle time, so hoping we can meet some of the other "roadie scum" lurking on STR:bang:
    Ride time was 3 and a half hours, 40 miles, 2000 feet of climbing and a beautiful morning to be out!

Here are some action pix from this mornings ride,thanks Graham Watson!:lol:

Steven killing it in his TT form!
    [​IMG]

Rob clearing one of the hills on Santa Ana Canyon Road, he's on the right!
    [​IMG]

The 3 of us heading up the little Chapman Hill
    [​IMG]

Ok, maybe this wasn't us, but you've got to have fun!

2. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    Thanks for setting this up Neil. I had a great time breaking in the new bike.

:beer:

3. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    I could be in for road rides on the weekends. Maybe have some rides that can last longer and some that are shorter. I usually don't even get out of bed unless I am gonna be doing atleast 5000 miles in a day, but i think I could settle for less. Well, now that I think about it, it only takes me about 4 hours to get 5000 miles in anyways