Camber 29er vs. Stumpjumper fsr 29er ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by badgas, Feb 13, 2012.

1. badgas

badgas I like dirt

So for for those with experience with the specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29er and Camber 29er I have a few questions.

At this point point, money and other brands are not a concern. I'm just trying to figure out where these two bikes differ and what are their strengths and weaknesses.

If anyone was looking at both bikes and chose one or the other could you lend a hand as to why ?

Thanks for the advice

Badgas

2. RumbleOn

RumbleOn New Member

The Stumpy has more travel, it's a somewhat more aggressive trail bike. It seems to me that the Camber is placed to be an introductory 29er full suspension. It fits between the Stumpy and the Epic where travel, HA, and technical ability are concerned. Not as fast as the Epic, not as aggressive as the Stumpy.

3. Bigbow

Bigbow New Member

Basically everyone is going to post something along ^ lines. Also, expect lots of 'test ride both first'.

Camber is going to be LITTLE bit lighter, but not much. Has a LITTLE bit less suspension and NO BRAIN.

From what I've casually read over the weeks it seems that the no brain thing is relatively well received. Not many people mind it too much and with rear shocks like the RP23's multiple settings, it may even be preferable for some.

Unless you really want to agonize over your choice (which I do) then you only need to ask yourself, 'What's the minimum amount of suspension that I need to suit my riding style and the trails I most commonly ride?" and then go with that model at the highest spec your budget will tolerate :beer:

I went with the 11' SJ FSR 29'er Expert and it's proven itself a great buy. Can't say there's anything in the Camber I envy...the Epic on the other hand is supposed to be pretty light :-k

At any rate, you're off to a GREAT start with a 29'er
    [​IMG]

4. badgas

badgas I like dirt

Thanks

Keep the info coming.

5. Rakuman

Rakuman Member

Artist
    For me it would be the terrain that I ride If you are more into cross country get the Camber. more trail and all mountain get the Stumpy. I got the Stumpy myself but Im buying my son a Camber because hes racing for the high school team but also likes to get loose some times.

6. rjcsocal

rjcsocal Member

Agree with everything said so far. I'm struggling with which FSR to get myself -- currently running HT only since selling my 26" Stumpy FSR in September. I'm leaning toward the Camber b/c the Stumpy is a lot of bike and more AM than Trail now.

FYI -- Surf City Cyclery and Specialized are having a Demo at El Moro this Saturday from 9:00 to 3:00. I'm going to do my head-to-head rides and make a decision. They're doing it out of the main parking lot off PCH.

http://surfcitycyclery.com/

7. rjcsocal

rjcsocal Member

8. lmnop

lmnop New Member

Engineering Geologist
    How do you figure? The 2012 models start at MSRP $2,200 and go up to $8,300.

9. RumbleOn

RumbleOn New Member

Not for a newbie, for someone new to 29ers.