Bike commuting

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by EndoMaster, May 2, 2006.

1. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    That kinda reminds me of this....I can't believe I forgot about it until now...

http://www.bikemetro.com/home/home.asp

This is incredibly cool. You put in where you are, where you want to go, select your "Hill" and "Skill" tolerance and it outputs a bike route!:bang:

2. EndoMaster

EndoMaster Member

Professional web surfer
    Home Page:
    I used that one but I didn't like the route it gave me. It took me through some really high traffic, narrow street/road areas with no shoulder or bike lanes. The route I came up with only adds about 1.5 to 2 extra miles and is less congested, not to mention alot less turns.

I do like that site, it gives estimates on burned calories and money saved on gas. Out of curiousity I've used it in the past and it did plot some decent routes but in this particular case I just didn't like what it came up with.

Pretty cool site.

Agustin

3. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    hey guys,sometimes the more traffic the less speeds by vehicles.going up and down ALAMEDA in LA the speed limit is 35 sometimes less because of too many cars.going throo industrial areas you'll have to deal with BUMS AND DOPES.get a can of RAID(pepper spray) that scares them off. about the lanes in traffic,keep a space enuff not to get hit by a car door,dont go in and out from the curb,stay rolling in a strayt line,like there is a line of cars next to the curb.