Any one use La Habra cycles????

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by ocr6, May 19, 2009.

1. Banshee350

Banshee350 Member

Mechanic
    They're my LBS. They have given me great deals, but that's second to the great service and advice I've gotten from Jim and the crew. And Jim rides at Glamis too :bang:

2. Calisun

Calisun New Member

ONE OF THE BEST SHOPS YOU CAN FIND!!! I AM GETTING MY S EPIC FRAME BEING REPLACE UNDER WARRANTY. THEY MADE IT EASY. VERY GOOD ON FOLLOWING UP. When I had old 2001 Enduro to speak to them about condition of bike(I was considering new bike) , They were honest and told me that my bike was good for while unless I wanted new one. Not pushy at all. Good honest people!! They are all nice guys but I know that Jim is very good guy.

3. fatguy1

fatguy1 Active Member

owner of auto detail co.
    Once again thanks to Brian,Jim,Paul and Kurt......always helping us out. You dudes are awesome!!

4. TMS

TMS New Member

I saw the La Habra Cyclery Van today and it now also say Long Beach Cyclery on the side. It appears they just opened a shop in Long Beach. Anyone check it out yet? I've never been to La Habra Cyclery, but I will definitely check out the Long Beach store.

5. fatguy1

fatguy1 Active Member

owner of auto detail co.
    Yuuup.....great people there. The shop in Long beach opened on Dec 3rd they carry focus,cannondale ,khs and a few other brands. La habra carries just about everything else ...giant,spec.,niner and so on. Check them out they also have great service. Quite a few people on str use them....Julia12 (my step daughter) just got picked up by them a few months ago .........

6. Mongo

Mongo Chewyeti "MongOHNO!"

measurement tech.
    I just ordered a pair of shoes from the LB shop. Small shop, good people. It sounds like the current LB location is temp. Waiting for the building to open around the corner.

7. Pup-n-taco

Pup-n-taco Yeah. It's MINE.

Pilot
    I have given La Habra the benefit of the doubt a couple of times but this is the last straw. Although I have to say, the older guy with the short greying hair has always been very nice and helpful. This is how they "trued" my wheel which had no major issues and no reason it shouldn't have come back straight. You can see and hear the fail. I did this right after I picked up the wheels without having done a ride. These guys fail IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S_2pK3SUW8

8. RustyIron

RustyIron Rob S.

Home Page:
    If it had no major issues, why were they working on it?

Since I haven't worked on your rim, I wouldn't care to speculate as to what the problem is. However, I can tell you that once a rim starts getting banged around on the trail, any adjusting will be a compromise between running true and having equal spoke tensions. I think Heisenberg postulated a theory about this.

Regardless, if you're unhappy, why not take it back and ask them to take another look at it.

9. scottay

scottay New Member

A&P
    How big is that gap? By how much is it off perfect? I know on my USED MTB wheels I call "close" good enuff. The freakin tire will have more play/run-out than that sometimes. I run thru rocks and ruts and stuff, not sure i'd feel a lil imperfection. Maybe on a road bike or with rim brakes.....
    Or was the wheel better than that when you took it in?

10. Pup-n-taco

Pilot
    No major issues means it was a little out of true = totally rideable but I never like to let them get bad before I take them in. A straight wheel is a stronger wheel. I don't think it is much better (if at all) than when I took it in.

This wasn't the first time. I have ridden on those wheels but by no means would I say I've been rough on them. Since this isn't the first time I haven't been happy with their service, I would just rather let it be and take my business somewhere else. I know lots of people are happy with them and I am not saying they should go somewhere else, just relaying my experience.

11. Lauterborn

Lauterborn New Member

trash man
    I have been going here for years.......they just got done building my Niner SS and I couldn't be happier! I would highly recommend this LBS.

12. Dirtbag87

Dirtbag87 "Big" Member

Electrical tech2
    i live about 3 minutes from them and i must say Jim is the SH#T! really cool staff and they always hook it up:bang:

13. fatguy1

fatguy1 Active Member

owner of auto detail co.
    Im really good friends with all the guys there.....im sure if there was any issue they would take care of it without question ....ive been there when they tru up some wheels and they get them strait. And if the wheel had an issue they would definatly let you know about it before you walked out the door...

14. fatguy1

fatguy1 Active Member

owner of auto detail co.
    Oh yeah....and jimmy is the sh!t.....that whole crew is great!!

15. Pup-n-taco

Pilot
    I got a PM from someone so here is the response in public. Listen, I have not lied about a thing and have no reason to. They are the closest shop to me a I would love nothing more than to be happy with them. Keep in mind, that I also have NOTHING to gain from relaying my experience. In fact, with people like you getting so personal about it, I can see why people are reluctant to post ALL experiences - good and bad. The simple fact is that their service has been inconsistent and I want people to know that. For you, as a third party who was not involved at all, to accuse me IS WHAT IS UNCOOL. The dent I pointed out when I took the rim in, was a MUCH smaller ding that was right on the seem of the rim (on the same side as the big dent). I never saw the huge dent, which, when I went to pick the rims up they pointed out at that time. They did NOT point that out when I dropped the rim off which you would expect them to do. When I picked the rim up and they then pointed it out, yes, I was extremely surprised, skeptical and frustrated. I initially thought that it happened at the shop because I try to pay close attention to my equipment and feel that I would have seen that especially considering I caught the one that was much smaller not too far from the huge one. While there is still some doubt in my mind, after thinking about it I realized that it is way, way more likely that the dent happened on a ride and that I just missed it. I never brought it up to them again and that is why I never brought that issue up in my post and why it really is not relevant. Yes, they did not charge me for that wheel and it was appreciated, however, you would think again, that it would be pointed out when I dropped it off or maybe even a phone call when they found it would have been warranted. What is relevant is that the front rim did not come back true, and as I mentioned in my post, is not the first time I have been less than happy with their tech service.

Sorry if YOU feel I have done something wrong but this is the truth. And like I said in my post, I know a lot of people are happy with them and that is fine. That is just what happened to me like it or not.