Adrenaline Bikes (merged threads)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by Waldo, Mar 26, 2007.

1. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

Mistakes happen. He did not hear you correctly.
    DT swiss / Stans kit you can see how they might sound the same right?:-k

Not everyone uses the same level of detail as you or I.
    Yes the Stans kit will work but it is not the DT Swiss kit made for the 5.1d.
    I like to do things the cleanest possible way and I would want the DT Swiss kit myself. That's is if I had to do the conversion. :-k

2. Jubz

Jubz Member

I was impressed with the obvious love of mtn biking and the wealth of knowledge from Jesse Brunell, Manager. Really helpful.

But my only criticism was that I was being steered towards an '08 Rocky Mountain Element 30 and never really clearified to me it was more of a XC bike, and that the suspension design was more of a hardtail with a cush than other FS bikes like the Trance X's. I found this out all later in my own research and decided the Element wasn't what I was looking for, which was more of a trail or AM suspension setup.

3. davidB

davidB Active Member

Sums up my first experience there when i went in looking for a certain hardtail, tried to be sold on a pretty beefy AM complete bike. Drove a mile or so to another shop and bought my 2nd choice of a frame an hour later. Not a complaint towards the shop, moreso the same employee I dealt with both times i've been in. Enthusiastic, but not listening to the customer.

To update was Randy aka Lovin touched upon a few posts back, Adrenaline has some $5 Maxxis tubeless strips that work quite well on 5.1 rims if you don't want to buy the complete tubeless kit. :bang: Next time i'm in the neighborhood i'm picking up a couple more and using it as my excuse to revisit/redeem the shop.

4. ctimrun

ctimrun New Member

I have been buying from Adrenaline for many years, dealt with the owner when he was with Bike Source prior to Adrenaline. Have always had a good experience with them.

I have family in town and have had a very long week. I walked into Adrenaline today and I must have looked like hell, cause the manager offered me a cold one while I shot the chit with them. Could not have been better timing for me. Thanks Adrenaline, you made a crappy week a bit better for me!

5. big al

big al Still here

Model Crafter
    I salute you.

I would just like to give a shout out to the fellas down at Adrenaline Bikes for being some of the friendliest, most helpful guys I have ever met at a bike shop. Thanks!

6. stevers

stevers Member

Home Page:
    Ditto. Got my Yeti 575 build with 2010 150mm Fox Talas 15QR from them. I do spread around my cash to many bike shops, but this is on my short list.

7. El Rolo

El Rolo its just ahead

Thanks Adrenaline Bikes

I am packing for a month long trip to utah and Colorado. I ordered a large black 575 before the 4th of July weekend and was more than a bit worried that bike wouldn't be ready for my trip. The guys a adrenaline said they could get a frame, but they said they would not be able to get me a 2011 Fox talus for a few weeks. However, they did say they would loan me a fork for the trip. I was surprised at the offer since I am not a regular customer and haven't bought anything more than a tube from them before.

I was even more surprised when I saw the 575 paired with a fairly new marzocchi 44. I picked it up with a few days to dial it in locally before hitting the virgin rim, thundermountain, hermosa creek, and when I get back, a new Talas will waiting.

Thanks adrenaline.

DSCN1124.jpg

8. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Last week visited my favorite shop in Orange county and

The dudes at Adrenaline offered me a beer, now that is fricken cool.

9. NoObTecH

NoObTecH New Member

Nice guys at the store. I learned so much in 30 mins talking to David. I picked up a fox shox pump for $30 which fixed my rear suspension. Awesome!

10. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    What bikes shop offers a beer when a rider comes in to get a tube??

I drive 55 miles to these guys, Good Job Adrenaline..!!!!

11. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Love the shop. Gabe, Neil and John(?) were great to me when I bought my first Yeti there in 2007. It's out of the way for me, and they don't carry the clothes, armor, tires and other incidentals, so I don't go there much - but for a bike purchase, great service and vibe, they are hard to beat. Cheers boys!

12. Tmac

Tmac Lonewolf

moving cans from here to there
    I have always been very happy with the level of service provided by the guys at Adrenalin. Even though I have never purchased a complete bike from them (just small parts mostly). They have alway gone out of their way to answer all my insane questions. I even stopped by the shop mid road-ride with a severely out of true rear wheel. Matt dropped what he was doing and got my wheel all dialed in so I could continue on my way.

13. rduck

rduck New Member

I just wanted to give a quick opinion on adrenaline in Tustin. I had been shopping for a bike for several months last summer and had my eye on a Yeti 575, I was upgrading from a hard tail and was in a hurry. I was a newb and only had a few weeks to get some rides in before I was headed up to Gooseberry Mesa.

When I called and asked them if they had what I was looking for they said, not quite, but could have it done in a day or two. They were very anxious to help me make this deal. I proceeded to purchase my Yeti from them and they were perfect through the whole process. The build was done right and the advice they gave me was valuable. Good People! Good Vibe.

14. daves4mtb

daves4mtb New Member

These guys are awesome. I just had them build up a Ventana El Bastardo for me. The bike is great, it is exactly what I wanted, the tubeless tires w/ Stans are great, and I too was offered at least one beer while dealing with them! Jesse is the most helpful bike store manager (or whatever he is) I have ever dealt with. You get the impression that everyone there knows and loves bikes, and that is a big plus when you're spending yoru hard earned cash on a bike.

First shop I went to is a very good local shop that tried to sell me everything but this bike. When someone asks for a custom 650b full suspension bike, they likely know what they want,right? I finally left and went to Adrenaline, and asked them on a whim. They offered me a beer and we discussed ordering the bike and the build kit. It is awesome, I have the bike i wanted and I highly recommend them, especially ifyou are doing a custom build. They offer a lot of knowledge about bikes and how to make the bike fit you and your riding. And they give you beer, did I mention that? :drunk:

15. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

Major props to Jesse at Adrenaline bikes. He took care of my warranty issue with Yeti and was very professional and informative during the whole process. Got my new frame back in just over a week and it is a definite upgrade. Somebody owes that guy a beer! Next time I'm down behind the Orange Curtain I will be dropping off a six-pack.
    Thanks Jesse and Adrenaline!

16. NoObTecH

NoObTecH New Member

I was here again 2 days ago. I like this store! small but a lot of staffs. Awesome!

17. Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss human being

Home Page:
    As a rule of thumb I love any shop that carries moots and surly.

I have a friend brand new to riding stop in there and was stoked with how friendly everyone was, but he was steered towards a medium (he's 6 feet tall and clearly needs a large) Marin they had on sale.

18. gigerrider

gigerrider New Member

Mechanic/full time student
    There always nice there, they might not have everything in stock but a custom order is just a phone call away. I like this shop and it is right around the corner

19. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

Ive always heard great things about adrenaline and they have been around forever. Heck Im pretty sure some people on STR used to work there. But for some reason Ive never stopped by to check them out. I have no excuse either as they carry all kinds of boutique brands and Im a sucker for boutique brands