Adrenaline Bikes (merged threads)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by Waldo, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Trizz

Trizz The In Crowd

School
    You know, i will say the Neil over at adrenaline is awsome, he orderded my stuff, it was there in a few days, overall the best bike shop experience i have had since i started riding.

2. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    I am a weekend warrior only now. I pop in after work (other job) usually 1-2 times a week but the only full day I am there is Saturday.

3. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    I like bikes. :)

4. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    what..:?:...???? Thanks, I think:lol:

5. JOx2

JOx2 Active Member

I'm really considering Adrenaline Bikes on my next bike build up or purchase.

6. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    it'll be great! I am ordering all my parts from Adrenaline for my 4X bike. I have 3 more bikes in mind for the future! But maybe I should move out on my own instead... :lol:

7. grandpa

grandpa swollen member

shop foreman, sheetmetal
    Great bunch over there.:clap:
    Always make you feel welcome.

Here's what they just finished helping me with

[​IMG]

Thanks guys!

8. springrubber

springrubber New Member

Glorified Donkey
    I pretty much only shop at this store. All the guys are awesome and they have awesome pricing.

Neil had started insisting I ride their Sat morn shop rides.
    I got to know Dave and Gabe on these rides. Well my Yeti 575 had come in and still had to be built. While we were riding on a Sat morning shop ride Gabe had overheard Neil telling me it would be done by the end of the day. Gabe stepped up and ON HIS DAY OFF came in and built my bike so that I could have it earlier in the day as opposed to later. I returned with a 12 pack for sure. Thanks Gabe. Thanks Neil. And thanks Dave, Maiden was awesome!:lol::drunk:

9. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    holy crap you lost some weight!!! :beer::lol:
    I think the bike may be too big for you now.

10. Pugz

Pugz Fat guy in a little coat

Purchasing Manager
    I have never left there feeling stupid, which I can't say for other bike shops. Whenever I've brought my bike in there they've done a good job and I leave happy. I'm just waiting for them to tell me they're sick of seeing me there.

I will be there in a couple weeks to order a new wheel set and am confident I will be extremely satisfied.

11. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV

Get the bikes first. :lol:

12. speckledtrout

speckledtrout Active Member

actor
    Okay. So i left home this past Saturday with a 2007 Stumpjumper on my bike rack knowing deep down inside my freckled little heart that today was the day I would get a new frame that would end my search. I had no idea what they had in stock or what I would find, I just knew. And I headed to Tustin to visit Adrenaline bikes for the first time.

Now, I have been less than thrilled with my Stumpy since my first ride. I know some love it, but it just wasn't working for me and I had been looking at the Yetis at the same time I bought the Stumpjumper and I had talked myself out of it. blah blah blah...

I arrived at Adrenaline and Dave immediately helped me. And when I told him I had ridden the Yeti last year and was still eyeballin' it, he told me they had an '07 small in raw hanging on the wall. On sale. Plus STR discount. I promptly said, "I'll take it.". (you should see me wheel and deal when I buy a car...)

That mo fo (and I mean that in the nicest way possible Dave!:wave: ) stripped my Stumpjumper and transferred parts onto the new frame faster than you can say "I threw up at an Iron Maiden concert". I replaced all the proprietary Specialized stuff with a purty new blue Chris King headset, Thomson Post, Stem and a delicious Ritchey carbon handlebar. Threw on some Salsa skewers to match the headset and she was done!

I spent what little time Dave took putting the bike together getting to know Neil, Traci, Nam and Maddie. They made me feel totally comfortable and gave me a great deal to boot! What's so bad with that, I ask you?

The bike feels much more stable at speed and is much more nimble and doesn't deserve me as it's owner. It's funny how each bike can feel different to each person riding it. But for me, I gotta say, this has ended my search. It's perfect. Except for the lack of matching blue seat post clamp. I'm working on it. And I made Dave promise that he wouldn't let me upgrade until I booked another commercial. Then it's blue Chris King hubs, here I come!

Attached Files:

13. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    I've had nothing but great experiences with Adrenaline bikes, I pretty much spend most of my time just loitering all day. What supposed to be a 20 min stop to get my brakes bled turns into a 2 hour hangout. I can pretty much say at this point that they are like a distant family to me. Good people for sure!!! I will admit that I do make many purchases at other bikes shops and online dealers just out of which ever is most convenient at the time. But Adrenaline has always been like a second home that takes my money... :lol:

I plan to put down a little bit of money for a new frame some time in the next 6 (months/weeks/days?) for a Canfield Jedi. My most recent purchase was a Black market MOB which I have been extremely happy with, was built pretty much last minute. Neil came through putting my bike together while Dave was off. Even today Dave came in on his day off just to bleed my brakes! So that definitely shows how willing they are to get you back on the dirt to ride and not wait all day! Great service. :beer:

Heres a photo Ricky took

[​IMG]

14. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    I can't say enough great things about those guys. They treat me right, give me good prices, and they haven't even tazed me - what more could I ask?

I try to only go there on my lunch break though - that tends to keep the time and $$$ under control....sorta.

:beer:

15. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    I stopped by before work just to get my brakes bled and ended up spending 50 bucks on stuff. :lol:

16. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

dave is a wiz when it comes to bike installs and troubleshooting things...

17. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    Just don't leave your car unlocked after closing if Dave may have had a burrito earlier on in the day.

18. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    That's pretty much what I meant by "under control"...and the way you buy bikes, that seems downright miraculous!

:lol:

19. Trizz

Trizz The In Crowd

School
    I was there today too, went in there and bought the Candy SL pedals for my rig. again, they were really awsome over there, thats for sure my new shop, i just need to remember to leave my wallet at home when i go there. lol.

20. xhuskr

xhuskr Powered by Guinness

Teacher (da wee ones)
    Trizz...guess your intro ride into STR has been quite a benefit to ya...glad you hooked up with Adrenaline!