20th Annual Keyesville Classic

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by denmother, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Jordansrealm

Jordansrealm New Member

Photographer/Editor
    Home Page:
    Oops well that sucks too because I will be in MOAB. But hey I will be in MOAB so I will be :)

2. kanga

kanga Active Member

I'm heading up Friday, and may be up for doing something on Saturday if anyone is up around that area. I'd like to check out the DH course, since I've never raced DH before.

3. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    You'd probably do really well in any of the races, including the stage race. :)

4. maxwell

maxwell Dirty Stinky PATH Love

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    Man, Fergus and I were talking about this on the way back from Fontucky Saturday.

Stage race.......on Godzilla.......

I actually have a vacation week scheduled two week's after this event. I'll have to see if the powers at the top will let me switch.

If not......cough cough....I'm feel like I'm gonna puke....burrap.......#-o8-[

5. posthole

posthole New Member

peddler of bikes with a magic button
    Home Page:
    Keyesville Classic!

Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes Signs On As Title Sponsor of
    2008 Keyesville Classic

New Partnership with the Southern Sierra Fat Tire Association promises to bring renewed energy to a timeless event!
    RIDGECREST, CABionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes has teamed up with the Southern Sierra Fat Tire Association (SSFTA) as the title sponsor of the 20th Annual Keyesville Classic, March 14th – 16th. An early-season event on the USA Cycling Calendar, the event will feature cyclists of all ages and skill levels, all bound by a common love of riding serpentine singletrack on their knobby tired machines.

The 2008 Keyesville Classic will feature cross country, down hill, and short track races over the course of the weekend. The signature event of the weekend, the Bionicon All Mountain Stage Race, combines the three events into a three-stage race, which encourages riders to test their all around strengths against other racers. During the All Mountain Stage Race, riders must use the same bike for all three events, with the exception of an allowed tire change for the downhill race stage.

The event will begin Friday March 14th at the Kernville Brewery with a showing of KLUNKERZ, at 6:00pm,and friendly atmosphere where event participants and attendees can mingle and celebrate the history of mountain biking. The public is invited to arrive early and enjoy the food and beer at the brewery, which opens at 1:00pm.

Attendees will find vendors, food, live music Saturday, and great camping at the staging area. A Vintage Bike race and Trials competition are also planned, and are always crowd favorites.

For a complete schedule of events, and more information about the 2008 Keyesville Classic, brought to you by Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes, visit http://www.ssfta.com/.

About Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes
    Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes is the innovator of Adjustable Travel and Geometry dating back to the late nineties. The idea of an adjustable geometry bike was born from two German Snowboarders who trained on their mountain bikes during the summer. Riding in the Bavarian Alps meant steep climbs and nerve racking descents, and it quickly motivated them to find a system that improved the ride qualities of the existing bikes in both directions. An epiphany came to them after watching the local mountain goats climb and descend the steep terrain while keeping their bodies as level as possible. From this moment, Bionicon was born and ten years of research has gone into developing the most instinctive and user friendly suspension system on the market. By pushing one button on the handlebar, a rider can adjust the geometry of the bike from steep climbing angles to relaxed downhill angles. This ability gives the rider a comfortable position for the climb and a very confidence-inspiring position for the descent. A truly “All Mountain” experience! Bionicon continues to evolve and now offers three suspension systems and nine frames ranging from All Mountain to City Commuter.
    Learn more at http://www.bionicon.com.

6. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

7. posthole

posthole New Member

Home Page:
    To everyone who rides,

Here is the official press release on the 20th Annual Keyesville Classic and we would like to invite you to join us for a great weekend of riding. The All Mountain Stage Race is going to be a lot of fun and an exciting challenge to any rider. Come out, camp, and have a great time riding your bikes!

An official "Thanks" to the Southern Sierra Fat Tire Association for continuing to organize the Keyesville Classic! We love this event!

8. posthole

posthole New Member

Home Page:
    Keyesville Classic and Bionicon

To everyone who loves to ride,

Here is the official press release on the 20th Annual Keyesville Classic and we would like to invite you to join us for a great weekend of riding. The All Mountain Stage Race is going to be a lot of fun and an exciting challenge to any rider. Come out, camp, and have a great time riding your bikes!

An official "Thanks" to the Southern Sierra Fat Tire Association for continuing to organize the Keyesville Classic! We love this event!

Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes Signs On As Title Sponsor of
    2008 Keyesville Classic

New Partnership with the Southern Sierra Fat Tire Association promises to bring renewed energy to a timeless event!
    RIDGECREST, CABionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes has teamed up with the Southern Sierra Fat Tire Association (SSFTA) as the title sponsor of the 20th Annual Keyesville Classic, March 14th – 16th. An early-season event on the USA Cycling Calendar, the event will feature cyclists of all ages and skill levels, all bound by a common love of riding serpentine singletrack on their knobby tired machines.

The 2008 Keyesville Classic will feature cross country, down hill, and short track races over the course of the weekend. The signature event of the weekend, the Bionicon All Mountain Stage Race, combines the three events into a three-stage race, which encourages riders to test their all around strengths against other racers. During the All Mountain Stage Race, riders must use the same bike for all three events, with the exception of an allowed tire change for the downhill race stage.

The event will begin Friday March 14th at the Kernville Brewery with a showing of KLUNKERZ, at 6:00pm,and friendly atmosphere where event participants and attendees can mingle and celebrate the history of mountain biking. The public is invited to arrive early and enjoy the food and beer at the brewery, which opens at 1:00pm.

Attendees will find vendors, food, live music Saturday, and great camping at the staging area. A Vintage Bike race and Trials competition are also planned, and are always crowd favorites.

For a complete schedule of events, and more information about the 2008 Keyesville Classic, brought to you by Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes, visit http://www.ssfta.com/.

About Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes
    Bionicon Backcountry Mountainbikes is the innovator of Adjustable Travel and Geometry dating back to the late nineties. The idea of an adjustable geometry bike was born from two German Snowboarders who trained on their mountain bikes during the summer. Riding in the Bavarian Alps meant steep climbs and nerve racking descents, and it quickly motivated them to find a system that improved the ride qualities of the existing bikes in both directions. An epiphany came to them after watching the local mountain goats climb and descend the steep terrain while keeping their bodies as level as possible. From this moment, Bionicon was born and ten years of research has gone into developing the most instinctive and user friendly suspension system on the market. By pushing one button on the handlebar, a rider can adjust the geometry of the bike from steep climbing angles to relaxed downhill angles. This ability gives the rider a comfortable position for the climb and a very confidence-inspiring position for the descent. A truly “All Mountain” experience! Bionicon continues to evolve and now offers three suspension systems and nine frames ranging from All Mountain to City Commuter.
    Learn more at http://www.bionicon.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  9. posthole

posthole New Member

Home Page:
    Photo to Entice

[​IMG]Here is a Purdy section of Singletrack on the Keyesville Classic. Thanks for the pics jfsh and Kanga!
    Keyesville Classic SS..jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  10. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Save the DRAMA fo ur MAMA

Finish carpenter
    A little misprint
    I'm pretty sure this is the 14th not the 24th.

DON'T BE LATE

11. gregg

gregg New Member

You are right, the 14, 15 and 16. So Bernie, you racing all 3 races?

12. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Save the DRAMA fo ur MAMA

Finish carpenter
    I'll be doing the XC definately, and big chances for ST
    no way on the DH

13. posthole

posthole New Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for noticing the date. It begins on March 14th!

Two words for the time of your life: Stage Race!
    See you out there.

14. posthole

posthole New Member

Home Page:
    From Keyesville Classic Race Director Jason Smith

It is great to see such a great response on STR and we look forward to seeing all of you at this year's race. For all of you that have already RSVP'd, please go online and register at www.active.com. It helps us anticipate the logistics of the race for your enjoyment. Thanks and let's have fun beginning the season in Keyesville.

15. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    Registered on Tuesday!! Looking forward to it.

For the stage race it's less than $25/race! :)

16. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Aight peeps...looks like I'm in (not sure if just for the DH or for the stage race).

17. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    Just bought that issues off their site. I'm definitely doing the DH there this year and the all mountain might be nice too if they're not the same exact thing.

18. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    Filling out the Vacation request as I type this... This is going to be sooooo much fun

Looks like the Scumbag is coming to the classic:bang:

19. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Schweet!!!

20. kanga

kanga Active Member

You may have missed my follow-up post to what you quoted (#39, I think). Basically, there is a weigh-in, but with an allowance for a change of tires. I'll find out the exact allowance and let everyone know. See ya there!