Road Ride Report 2011 Grand Prix at Great Park (Thursday Night Great Park Crit)

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by SDstumpy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. SDstumpy

SDstumpy New Member

Engineer
    Started this up again. They have a series going now. http://www.racegreatpark.com/Home.html

Alternate course today because of some crazy trophy truck stunt at the great park. They had a truck ramp that was probably 100ft tall. I saw a truck launch an absurd distance. Anyone know what was going on? Insane. Anyway..Cat 4/5 was pretty mellow today. No breaks and one crash before the last turn right behind me. I heard a guy had to bunnyhop of the fallen rider. Finished 4th I think...my best finish to date. Missed 3rd by 6inches...I need to learn the finishing lunge like Mark Cavendish!.

2. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    I've never even done a group ride; so not sure if I have the cajones yet to try that. Plus, my road bike is a CX bike.
    I watched a couple of races last year. Seems a bit long and few turns to really call it a crit - or at least what my pea brain thinks is a crit.
    It seems more like a timed circuit race to me.

On that opening pic on the website with the Velocity riders, I think my coworker is #3.

I saw that ramp from the train station last week - looked pretty nuts from there.

Way to go on the 4th.