2010 Incycle XC Challenge, Bonelli (Oct 17) & Fat Tire Classic, Mt. Sac ( Nov. 7)

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by ohyeah89, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Allan

Allan New Member

R.N.
    Congrats to the guys who placed. This race was fun. Thanks to the guys of SC Velo and Incycle for a great race. Cant wait for Round 2.,

2. socalchef

socalchef New Member

Systems Engineer for Pro A/V
    I went down on the second little bridge, and after i conceded to the flat i saw someone go real hot into an asphalt turn after a downhill and wow...sparks flew from his cleats as he slid, he jumped up reset his chain and was on his way. Slid for ~20 feet.

3. azncarbos

azncarbos New Member

Environmental Engineering
    I will post picture later this week..... If you pm your Bid #... I can check if I have photo of you...I will be racing at Mt. SAC next month!

4. onegymrat

onegymrat New Member

Grinder
    This was my first real mtb race and I had such a blast in the rain! Still have no idea why I entered the Sport class...I lost the race about 1/4 mile in. :)

See everyone at Mt. Sac!

5. GeoRob

GeoRob Member

Awesome course, the rain definitely made the trail interesting...

6. David Edward

David Edward New Member

Creative Stuff
    Wonder if that was the showair guy I saw with a big rip in shorts after the race. I saw a young kid who had crashed at the bottom of the technical section, hope he's OK.

7. davidB

davidB Active Member

different guy. that guy is Jose, and i believe he ended up taking 3rd in our sport class with the nice tear in his short showing half his ass.

My RR: meh.

8. heith

heith Member

management
    I went down on the bridge too, and on a slippery rock...Turns out us socalers race like we drive. 1 drop of water hits the ground and we all start running into things. it was fun anyways. I'll take that over heat anyday

9. socalchef

socalchef New Member

Systems Engineer for Pro A/V
    Sparky was on a green Jet 9 in ReMax kit.

10. oalmaguer

oalmaguer xc.Omar

Sales
    Thanks to all who came out to support this mtb race. The turn out was just what we were hoping for. I did get a chance to meet some of you posting on this thread, so thanks for that too. Thanks Brian, for coming out on Friday to help me mark the course for Saturdays pre-ride. From what I just read, and what we heard at Bonelli, it looks like everyone had a great time and really enjoyed the course. Next is Mt SAC Fat Tire Classic on Sunday, Nov. 7th, so come on out and lets do it again.
    Be prepared to pay $3.00 this time. The college has began to charge this fee, so carpool if you can.
    Quick shout to David Edward, you were on the fence about racing your 1st race, and actually placed 1st. Way to go!!!!!!!!
    Now, ima gonna finish my last Sierra Nevada & go to sleep.

Omar
    SC Velo Mtb Race Director

11. BoingBoing

BoingBoing Team Sisyphus

manual stabilization
    Cool but painful day today. I conveniently did all my crashing in front of photographers and videographers. So if you see a fool on a blue bike going down on you-tube or something, could you give me a heads up?

12. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

For those of us who had to bug out for other commitments...any word on when the results will be posted? I always like to know if I'm top 5 because I'm quick (That's what she said #-o) or because there's only 5 in my category...:lol:

13. mr.plow

mr.plow pushit

one of my worst races ever, but at no fault of the course or event organizers. i was really looking forward to this race as i LOVE the course layout. but like others have posted, add a little bit of water to an area i usually ride dry and suddenly its my first time on a bike. wiped out good at about mile 2 and bent my derailer hanger (i hope) and never saw the lead group again. managed an 8th place cat 2 spot with a broken bike. a bit disappointing, but still great to be out there. great to watch a bunch of friends and co-workers make podium spots. congrats all! see you at mt sac.

bib # 466

14. rodgerdodger

rodgerdodger Member

Turns out that I actually got 4th, the tall guy got counted in sport. He ended up being like a minute ahead of me. I think I still finished in the top half though :)

15. rodgerdodger

rodgerdodger Member

[​IMG]

me socalchef and davidb after the race.

16. Dazs

Dazs New Member

This was my 1st mtb race beginner men 35-43 using a low end 34 lbs mtb with at least 3 months of training. I have timed myself around 47-51 minute per lap in my practice days and that's what I did 47 minutes per lap average. I was tempted to challenge guys on up hill and even down hill but I was playing safe. I don't know my own strength yet and also my bike feels like it's falling apart. I finished the race without falling even once and probably achieved a good training heart rate. I will buy a better mtb soon and continue training for future races. It was a great race and see you next time (Beginner men 35-43)

17. heith

heith Member

management
    couple gripes.
    1. Why only 2 laps for single speeders? That was a burn.
    2. I've never seen any other organization start the single speeders at the back of the start. It doesn't make sense and changes the whole dynamics of racing a single speed.

18. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

Funny, I was looking at the Mt Sac race, considering trying a SS, but I'm not sure I can make 3 laps/18mi. I do understand the difficulty starting behind gears though, especially if you're close to hills. The one other time I tried SS was at Sea Otter, where they started us behind the Clydes--not only did we have to pass them, but they weren't too fond of girls passing (some tried to block). Of course, your other option is to enter the other cats and just ride the SS ;)

19. mr.plow

mr.plow pushit

no offence here buddy, but trying to pass single speeders while they push their bikes up single track hills is frustrating. they should start behind geared riders, IMHO.

20. hotrodsurf

hotrodsurf New Member

hula dancer
    Home Page:
    Another SSer

Starting behind the others really was no problem.. I too was on a SS. In defense of the RD, it read loud and clear on race fliers and all the websites: Single Speed: 2 laps. 12 miles. I had a blast.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010