Ride Report You're Hatin' Life if...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by dirtvert, Apr 3, 2008.

1. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    you passed on riding yesterday because of the threat of rain. sorry: no pics- close your eyes and visualize...

rode el mo/laguna coast with a friend from ridge park about 4. it was sunny, flower-filled, and just about perfect. we sampled some of the standard s/t, ending up in emerald canyon where- surprise, there's a new s/t. well, kinda. emerald falls (bvd) has a trailmarker now, so it's official. and thanks to the people who did trail work on the bottom of old emerald s/t. it flows much better now. in 2+ hours we saw a few lycra speedsters and a group of 5, but other than that the parks were empty and peaceful.

and if you're into wildflowers, they're peaking: fiddlenecks, owl's clover, deerweed, lemonade berry, blue-eyed grass, purple lupine, white bush lupine, black sage, etc., etc....

2. Permagrin

Permagrin Hard landing comin' up!

Is Emerald Falls the one off to the left of the bottom of Old Emerald?

3. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    sorry: no pics- close your eyes and visualize...

I tried to do that, but I couldnt read the ride report?Houston we have a problem!:lol:

4. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher

it drops into emerald canyon from el moro. if you're climbing out of emerald canyon, it's about 50 yards up from the bottom of old emerald on the left- but's it's a crappy climb. it's way better to drop in from the east ridge in el moro.

5. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

i did a quick loop at aliso tonight and only ran into a group of 8 going towards mathis from dripping cave and that was pretty much it. not a lot tonight it, really nice to get out even though my lazy side wanted to just go home and veg.

6. 1080P

1080P Banned

Dotting "i's" & crossing "t's" while balancing
    Hmmm, such a perfect spring day. Did the ride up Olive View /Wilson Canyon, getting 1800 feet of vertical there with an awesome view of the San Fernando Valley above the 210 looking south over Van Norman Dam.

Capped it off with some more pain climbing up to Mt Luken off of Highway 2 /Angeles Crest at the fire station with a view of the whole South Bay clear to Palos Verdes Peninsula at sunset with the OTBMBC crew. Kanga rode all the way up from home clear up highway 2, then did the dirt. I'm guessing he rode 40 miles and 6000 vertical feet? Animal!

Yes, Life is Good!

7. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Member

artist, picture framer
    yesterday's "rain" ride

I rode Chiquito (not chiquita) solo yesterday-brought the warm clothes because i figured it would be cold and cloudy then raining. ended up as a warm sunny day, so on the climb I took off the long sleeves, but forgot sunblock so I got a tad sunburned. Warm enough to go swimming at the waterfall!
    I recorded only about a tenth of an inch of rain last night here in laguna, but i think the Santa Anas got a bit more.

8. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

rode oaks with Neil yesterday am and we were loving the tacky conditions heading down zips and chutes. :bang:

9. kanga

kanga Active Member

Actually, I rode from home up Brown Mountain, down Burton, then up Gould Mesa to Lukens..... 46 miles. Today I broke 50 :)

10. 1080P

1080P Banned

Dotting "i's" & crossing "t's" while balancing
    Hey, it was a SWAGED set of numbers, before you posted the whole story... I think I did pretty good, a hundred or so feet off on the elevation, whats a few miles off among riding buddies. ;)

There's a lot of pavement in those numbers, no?

11. pmortuary

pmortuary They call me D2

Lead CAD Designer
    well maybe that was my group of 5 you saw. we looped moro ridge to rattlesnake. then back up mach 1 and down the ridge. we ride every monday and thursday departing the lot at 5:15 sharp look for the yellow epic with the 55 YO. that's one of our guys that you can't miss.