"You touch my junk and I'm going to have you arrested.”

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Abui, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falconer

Falconer Who are you? who who

Falconer/Animal trainer
    Yeah, being safer results in feeling safer. Eh?
    You have absolutely no proof or evidence that the new procedures are not effective.
    We the supporters can argue no planes have gone boom since the new procedures.

2. N4th4n

N4th4n Its a purse..oookkkkkkaay

Just our of interest would you have protested and winged this much if these measures were introduced on Sept 12th 2001 ? I very much doubt it

As Falconer states, I certainly don't care what happens to me for the 2 mins of my life passing through TSA, flying from the UK is just the same, at least I can feel safer in the knowledge nobody is going to pull a gun, blow up a shoe bomb and crash my plane. Get over it.

3. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    I damn sure would have.

I "feel" safer strapping a dive knife to my forearm when entering the Pacific ocean.

But in reality, when a shark attacks, "feeling" safer is total bull$hit.

When my number is up, it's up. I could care less about the government's fantasy of making us feel safer.

I've traveled all over the World without major incident. But if something happens I will do my best to protect myself, but I will not live in fear and restrict my actions and travel because some asshole might decide to try and kill me.

If you want to be safe, you might as well make your whole house an effin panic room and never leave it.

4. KushD

KushD Mountain Toker

Girl watching
    spectrum_right.jpg
    Your information is incorrect.

http://www.epa.gov/rpdweb00/understand/ionize_nonionize.html

5. KushD

KushD Mountain Toker

Girl watching
    So you suggest that we ignore the hard earned lessons learned during the by the Jews and roll our own untested solutions, do their solutions not scale effectively?

You confuse racial profiling with behavior profiling, do you realize that Jews and Arabs are both Semites and even look alike in some cases?

No i don't think the 4th covers behavior profiling.

I've seen national guard at the airport, been interviewed at Schiphol before 911 by dudes sporting full auto machine guns... no problem.

mandatory service, well if it comes down to it people got to serve i guess.

You say that the Jews don't loose a lot of planes but do loose a lot of buses and cafe's, to me this says their threat level is higher and they manage to implement effective security at their airports.

6. KushD

KushD Mountain Toker

Girl watching
    You are trolling aren't you?

oh crap i must be getting trolled, good job you have gotten me.

7. Fewinhibitions

8. Falconer

Falconer/Animal trainer
    My information is not incorrect I maintain and can prove R.F. radiation is dangerous .
    Don't believe me come on over and we can conduct an R.F. experiment .
    Studies are being conducted right now on cell phone radiation and there link to
    brain lesions .
    Before we knew better many radio operators boiled their ocular fluid in their eyes
    working with cell phone and microwave frequencies.

By the way the link you posted does not repute the information I posted.
    I never said a Microwave (R.F.) is the same as an X-ray.
    I clearly stated BOTH types of radiation can be harmful with too much exposure.
    Do you think a person suffering from cancer due to R.F. exposure feels better than
    the person with cancer exposed to x-rays?

9. Winger

Winger Member

From the guy who sarcastically called Canadians "Brilliant".....
    I think you think more highly of your opinion and your intelligence than your writing portrays.

You talk about the scanners, but clearly have no idea how detailed the pictures actually are.
    You don't know how the basic events of 9/11 unfolded.
    You think a bomb can blow off the cockpit door without blowing a hole in the fragile plane.
    You throw stones, then act mightier than the person who retaliates.
    You also said you were done with replying 3+ pages ago.

FYI, the whining minority are just as important to our government as the majority. What is popular isn't always what is right. Our Constitution defines our rights and I don't care how popular or unpopular something is....if it goes against the Constitution, then it isn't allowed. Period.

As Americans, we shouldn't have our crotches grabbed without reasonable suspicion or permission. We also shouldn't be forced to take semi-nude pictures in order to board a plane. We are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Safety doesn't trump the Constitution. We are Americans, dammit! If we put our minds to it, we can find ways to solve the problem while maintaining our basic rights.

10. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    from - http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/11/18/another-tsa-outrage/
    ——–
    A friend of mine sent me this about his TSA experience. He, unlike most of us, was coming back into the country from Afghanistan on a military charter.
    ——–
    As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:
    When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards.

Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That’s where the stupid started.

First, everyone was forced to get off the plane–even though the plane wasn’t refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.

It’s probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren’t loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.

The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it reinspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to reinspect our Cargo–just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, reinspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we’re in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they’re going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this:

TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns–but nothing that could have been used as a weapon

11. Falconer

Falconer/Animal trainer
    I think you think more highly of your opinion and your intelligence than your writing portrays. *( are you a mind reader?)*

You talk about the scanners, but clearly have no idea how detailed the pictures actually are. * (i have seen the pictures)*
    You don't know how the basic events of 9/11 unfolded. *(I actually do just like most of Americans)*
    You think a bomb can blow off the cockpit door without blowing a hole in the fragile plane. *(I never said that !)*
    You throw stones, then act mightier than the person who retaliates. *(I throw stones back at those that toss em at me)*
    You also said you were done with replying 3+ pages ago. *( I changed my mind, it happens!)*

As for it going against the Constitution, does it really? It's a close call I am no expert on Constitutional law are you?
    I have not heard a court ruling on whether the 4th amendment has been violated by TSA have you?
    Two thirds of the polled Americans believe like myself that the procedures are reasonable and serve a purpose .
    Chances are the courts will also. We will have to wait and see.
    Safety has not trumped the Constitution .
    The Courts are the safeguards of our rights and the Constitution.

I have said this before. I do not like the groping/enhanced body search one bit. I am in favor of the scans.
    At least until something better comes along. To me it is unreasonable to do nothing.

@ Abui, I wonder if they were carrying their bayonets ? That would really make it absurd .

12. surfzombo13

surfzombo13 King of Kooks

Tin Knocker
    Home Page:
    EXACTLY. So many Americans seem sooo ready to just throw up their hands nowadays and give up in frustration, or take the easy way out and bask in their apathy. Winger, your statement is so applicable to all of the issues and problems facing America today.

Good words, Winger!!!!

13. Falconer

Falconer/Animal trainer
    Sure, they do sound like good words. We still need to leave the procedures in place until we find something better.
    Americans are not throwing up their hands in frustration or basking in apathy. They are acting proactively to
    thwart attacks on our citizens.
    The American way is to take anything that violates the Constitution to the courts . If our rights have been violated
    the courts will remedy the situation.
    It is our only recourse at this time .

14. surfzombo13

Tin Knocker
    Home Page:
    Yea, "Citizens United" comes to mind....

15. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    Come on guys. It's Thanksgiving and you are arguing over the internet. I just came on STR to see what others were doing for their turkeys and I see this thread growing and growing. Go hang out with the families!

16. Fewinhibitions

LMAO!!! Sure they will...with Patriot Act II.

It is most assuredly not our only recourse at this, or any other time.

17. Falconer

Falconer/Animal trainer
    Really ? Do tell what are the other choices ?
    Revolution and armed resistance?
    Preying to god to make it better?

The patriot act has withstood scrutiny by the Courts.
    Just because the Courts do not render the verdict you want to hear
    does not mean the system is flawed or has failed you.

Ever consider the possibility your thinking is flawed ?

18. Fewinhibitions

Have you?

Judging by your posts, I have to assume you never have.

Try thinking out of the box. The headache you will feel will go away eventually.

Careful though, you could hurt yourself.

19. MethodX

MethodX Uber Method

I'm the guy that figures stuff out.
    I agree with most if not all of Falconer's post but wonder why he tries to convince those that have made or closed their minds.
    Whining is a right. Certainly. The whiners will always benefit from the actions of those that create solutions or support the ones in place. The goal is to create solutions. If not capable, stay informed and vote. ;-)

20. surfzombo13

Tin Knocker
    Home Page:
    *sigh* my 2 cent: it's kinda sad when dissent, a cornerstone of our nation, is seen as "whining."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.