Yoga

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by MTBMaven, Sep 16, 2008.

1. MTBMaven

MTBMaven This is Shangri La

GIS Coordinator
    I recently attended a few Yoga classes at Yoga House in Pasadena. I must say it has been wonderful. Yoga is a great mix of stretching, toning, and relaxation. I have taken four Level 1 classes and already noticed a huge difference in the strength building and toning of my core as well as stretching of my overly tight hamstrings from biking.

Additionally I found several good looking yoga videos available on Netflix. Not to encouraging anyone to do anything illegal but I have one word for you...Handbrake. Also I found a decent 45 routine on their Watch It Now collection.

For those who think yoga is just stretching (like I once did) or it's not a serious work out I encourage you to give it a shot. Go into it with an open mind willing to grow from a new experience. If the "new age" talk seems weird just block it out.

2. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

I agree with you 100% :clap:

The thing that makes YOGA sooo cool- You can make it as easy or as (impossibly) difficult as you want.

Swimming and Yoga have done more to improve my bike fitness than riding ever has! Just my opinion.

3. Permagrin

Permagrin Hard landing comin' up!

Yoga's been on my list of things to do for a while now but I keep procrastinating at doing it 'cause I have to give up something (biking??) to make the time for it but with the shorter daylight around the corner this might be a good time to get cracking on it. I definitely need the stretching, especially in the hamstrings. Thanks for the reminder #-o.

4. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

i believe :steppie: told me there was a yoga class that is held at Milf park on week days :bang:

5. Permagrin

Permagrin Hard landing comin' up!

shut up. you had to go there, didn't ya?

6. denmother

denmother Gone riding....