WOW! Canfield Jedis price got lowered (ALOT)

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by Bullcrew, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    No Im not spamming it I was shocked and assume its a direct result of the economy. I havent talked to Chris or Lance yet to find out why but Im assuming its the current economic state.

Browsing looking for pedals etc... and went by the jedi link to gander and see if they updated the geo charts and saw the price.
    $2600 with Elka stage 5 shock!:-k

So I know its real I know they arent making a new DH sled for next year and I know they are growwing so I assume they are moving stuff to get capitol back in to extend their reach in components and the market..

Either way it makes it a reasonable priced frame and I was literally shocked!!!

2. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    what did it used to be?

3. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

still way to rich for my blood for a frame

4. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

5. dirtyjeff

dirtyjeff The same, but different

REBAR? what?
    Yep +1 - 1 wife + 3 kids = limited bike budget #-o

Sweet freakin frame tho! :bang:

6. slayer

slayer New Member

I guess I don't make enough money to consider $2600 a good price on any frame. I wish I did though!

7. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    It was $3100 so it dropped $600 for a MSRP and with the current crop of top DH bikes in the 3K range so it was on par then the price change... Good news is its a reasonable pricepoint.

8. sasquatch9billion

sasquatch9billion Active Member

Non-profiteer.
    Home Page:
    So true, so true. I'll hold out for their Comic-con and Superman frames.:lol:

9. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

when the tr450 goes down im all over it

10. Zokefan

Zokefan New Member

US Army
    I feel your pain...

11. leondelmonte

leondelmonte Member

+1 You are not alone

I go to the bike shops and see all those nice ones, then come back home look at the ones I got and convince myself I dont need anything, I dont need anything, I dont need anything, But my ego always whispers, You want it, get it, get it

12. hunterp101

hunterp101 Member

Nerd
    This is another of those not too bright companies that think 3 bike sizes covers everyone. What is with these companies that don't make XL bikes? Considering how many male riders are well over 6 feet this makes no sense at all.

13. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    The Jedi comes in XL and not too sure about the one coming out soon. Im 6'3" and the Large Jedi actually it really well, I like the XL better but I had no complaints against the Large.
    So they are listening hence the reason the jedi has a slacker HA, and a few minor changes.
    Id ride the ONE in a large if thats what its biggest size is. I can accomodate a frame a bit with stem and post options pretty good the rest I aadjust for, there is NO perfect size for everyone and I know ton of tall guys rocking larges and mediums.

14. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Fricken rich kids can afford a 2600$ frame in this economy, damn!!!

And to top that off you have to be a gross polluter to ride it because the big trails are so far from everything in Socal.

Travis I'm not hatin on your sled it is just alittle ridiculous for a frame to cost that much when the masses are the working poor.

See when you get into town bro..

15. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

Now, if only Foes would come back down in there prices I would be a happy camper.

16. hunterp101

hunterp101 Member

Nerd
    If you see tall guys on mediums they are on the wrong bike. All depends on what you call tall.

It looks like that is their only XL model and they don't make a small. They leave someone out no matter how they do it. 4 sizes make sense to cover most of the population in my opinion. If you're gonna be charging that amount for a frame you better have one that fits more people.

17. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    Or base it on size sales and quantities from years past and a suspension that ROCKS! That might work too!!! Overstock sucks and like everyone they are boutique and small so makinf 4 frames per line up isnt a viable or logical option. What is also cool is the new line coming out this year, Its going to be a really good product lineup from 2 guys that are faster and go bigger than 95% of the population.
    They design, test throw it out nad let the peeps work out the little bugs and LISTEN to there customers to accomodate them and the concerns...
    If you ride an XL anywase and not a small dont worry about no small! LOL Get the bike you want if they have the size you need!:beer:

18. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    Hell Im not rich by anymeans LOL poorer than most I have several shops we opened in the last few months but ive only made $1000 over the last 6 months :D....

Pollution not really take a bigger truck load 6 guys and thats less than 3 guys shuttling independently, less tire wear, less emmisions and gas, and you get to sit close and smell the guy next to you farting! Or Fontanna and the guy in the van next to me smelled like he rolled a brown blunt in his shorts!!!

$2600 isnt all that bad anymore, lets see Intens, Foes, Iron Horse sundays, Cove, Banshee, Trek all the guys have high price tags anymore... Its just nice to see this nice of a ride come down to a more attainable level.

Mike as far as $ Im not trying to get rich Im trying to make enough I can ride all the time and goof off and work very little!:bang: If I workeds all the time who would you have to call and ride at a moments notice!!! See it benifits you as well and If I shuttle you save $... Plus I buy lunch so its a win win....

19. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Got to love it lets have my Iron Horse and your Jedi play soon.

20. hunterp101

hunterp101 Member

Nerd
    If a company wants to make money they need to cater to the broadest market they can. It's not like they need to have a giant inventory. They could have 3 XL or 3 small in stock and if they run out build them to order. Why you would make a 29 inch bike with no XL is a total mystery since a large share of people who get into niners in the first place are larger riders. Just not very well thought out if you ask me. But.....that's just one man's opinion!