Women's Lounge Forum

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by Sharky, Aug 24, 2006.

?

Would you like to add a Women's discussion Forum?

1. Yes, might be helpful

77.4%
  2. No, don't see a need

22.6%
  1. Collette

Collette New Member

I think it would be a good one. Personally, I WOULD visit because I think it WOULD apply to me. I don't do beginner and don't care too. So, I'd ignore that forum.

Back on topic: Yes, A Womens Forum would be great.

2. TurboJared

TurboJared Overstimulated

Affiliate Program Manager
    Home Page:
    I have to agree I think it would also be a source of motivation for those of us with wives to get them out as well (cause heven knows I've pushed too much)

3. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    I'm not hating I'm stating... a fact. I just don't do it. Have a downhill forum, see if I care. :)

4. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    how bout a DH forum and a womens forum huh

COMPROMISE

5. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I want a forum for slow old short white guys.

6. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    ahah
    isnt that wut this website was formed on pain

7. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    I may be short but I'm neither old nor white. But ya . . . there will be a women's forum after a few little decisions. Possibly more forums too to keep things organized since str is getting bigger.

8. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    To a teenager....You are OLD![-X

9. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    thanks yeah george is way old lol

10. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    I hate anyone who is not like me, can we start a forum for that?

11. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    yes what a great idea,more forums in a bike oriented mtb website!SHARKY YOUR A GENIUS. a beginner forum,a downhilll forum,tite lykra short hispanik wearing forum,uh, an i hate anyone hoo does'nt agree with jason forum,and a turner w/kickstands forum,and dont forget the off topic forum. lol.just kidding tho,the ladies have a good idea, sharky! when WE gonna see you agian? forum.

12. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

:( Dirty...You worry me sometimes BUBB !!! lol First thread of the When ya gonna see me again Forum.....catch ya tonight on the flip side of Marshall . Starting CWP:bang: earlier because SOMEONE borrowed my light to do your nightrides #-o ...Just teasin' ya Robby!! . Need to be back 8 ish anyways. Any one else wanna go 6ish at CWP???
    I do sorta like Jason's forum :)

EDIT: Sorry I missed you guys...exit Marshall around 6:30...started earlier to get back early.
    Came back with Mechanical probs so I'll see ya at the Incycle shop atleast!!!](*,)

13. marsjourneyer

marsjourneyer New Member

That light is so amazing... It let's me see the dust that I am riding in behind everyone... Ok, and also some of the trail :)

Thank you Sharky, Thank you!!!

14. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    Will there be a Men's Forum? If not, than the girl's don't get there own forum. It's all about equality, right? ;)

Sorry Pain. This is the People's Republik of Kalifornia. You then have to have a forum for fast, young, tall, anything but white guys. I'm calling the ACLU!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2006
  15. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    rong,it's SOUTH KALIFORNIA.we gots ta have a,IM CHANGING HOW TO SPELL THE KINGS ENGLISH to amerikan english forum,or..........i'm leeving.

16. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

equal opportunity

Not to get too serious but started this thread after several people expressed interest in having this forum. This site is already the best in so. Cal :D and I know George's intent is to expand with the growing list of members ...making this site progressively better. Sure... possibitities for specific forums in the future...just express your interests and I know he'll be just as fair to your ideas. \\:D/ Well Mike not too sure how many slow old short white guys are on here to warrant that forum but ya can always ask??:p Women aren't getting special treatment nor are we in any way looking for it...we're ALL here for the fun of mountain biking . I LOVE everybodies sense of humor here... but I guess my point is this is just the start of I'm sure several forums to be added depending on the interest expressed. We're all equals here and treated so. I'm hoping the list of female members will continue to grow and in time get more and more input and knowledge from this specific forum. And thanks to George for his progress and interest in making STR such a KICK ARSE site ;) ...See ya on the trails :bang:

17. sauce

sauce New Member

Dissertation writing
    Home Page:
    I agree with Sharky. We're not trying to segregate the site up or anything ... it's just that a women's forumn might help engender a female interest in mountain biking. new female mountain bikers might feel less intimidated and more at home ... just a thought. The STR guys on this site could direct their wives and/or gf's to the forumn, and we could get more women involved.

18. Shannon

Shannon ........

Hey guys, I believe the whole idea for a women's forum to discuss issues/ questions relating to mountain biking or any other extreme sport for that matter is beneficial. Most would have to agree that mountain biking has been predominately dominated by men. I've been riding since 1989 and I can say that when I started I knew only a few other girls that rode. There were no 'women's specific' clothing companies or bike manufacturers to speak of. Everything I found that worked for me was through trial and error. And I'm not just talking about frame size, etc. I'm talking about sports bras, comfortable shorts, saddles, how to train/ride smart when it's a certain time of the month... catch my drift boys? These are issues that women need to feel safe and free to share with each other on a forum such as this without the worry that they are going to be teased or ridiculed by the guys. These are issues, myself included, that usually aren't even shared with husbands or boyfriends. I would have loved to have an outlet such as this to find out what other women are doing or discovering to make their experience in mountain biking that much better, be it racing or just starting out.

19. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    That's one thing I never thought of. To be honest, if that kind of subject matter was brought up in a regular old forum, I don't think I'd want to come back.

20. Shannon

Shannon ........

Well, first of all, being that you're a guy I would think you wouldn't be on a forum that would discuss such a topic. Which is why the idea for having the woman's forum private even came up. It's not like you guys are going to be missing anything. And secondly, that's just one of many issues women do discuss....