Who wants to be part of the injured list beta tester team?

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by LBmtb, Jun 25, 2007.

1. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Testing is a huge part of making software that will work well and reliably so I'd appreciate any help in testing out the injured list system being developed.

Little about the injured list if you haven't read about it before:
    • people can add in current or previous injuries with name, description, severity, etc
    • Injuries for str as a whole can be viewed and sorted by any number of things.
    • If you uploaded pics to our carnage album you can link it to the injury so the thumbnail shows up in the listings and on your injury profile
    • You can keep track of all your past injuries
    If you'd like to help, cruise on over to this page: http://www.socaltrailriders.org/injured-list/add-injury.php

and simply play with it. Try and make it mess up (enter crazy data, leave stuff blank, etc). If you have uploaded pics to the carnage forum before, make sure that thumbnails for those pics show up.

I am aware that the headings are kind of ugly in Internet Explorer - that's something I've put on the back burner.

Don't worry about submitting bogus data, I'll be deleting all test info from the database later on.

Anyone who responds with good info will get PM's about further testing for other pages later on as I get those things developed.

thanks! :beer:

2. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    George - entered some data to help out. If goes live u may want to have a drop down for injury type so if someone goes on DL they can possible quick search on others that have had similar injuries to may reach out to get some insight into possible surgeons, rehap, what worked for them etc on recovery. also after i entered data dont know what happened but this popped up. just an fyi

Index of /injured-list

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2007
  3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    You probably hit the "Home" tab. I didn't have the links setup right on it. Made that change now. Let me know if you see that again.

4. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man

looks good :clap:

5. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    Hey George,

A couple of feedback things so far.

You might want to put a check box next to the months field that is marked "permanently injured" or something to that effect. You make also want to put a check box somewhere with "Ask me about the chick magnet scar I have" or something to that effect.

Other than that it seemed to work ok. Since you have the days/months bounded to 31/12 you may want to include a year section or change the bound in the month column to 24 or 36

You may want to include a "Can you ride?" y/n field for all of those really cool looking but not ride imparing carnages.

In the severity drop down some other ideas (not that yours are bad) are: 'Tis only a flesh wound, I'm gonna feel it in the morning, Stick a fork in me (I'm done), I'm totally screwed, Chicks dig scars

Surprizingly, the headings look ok in IE

I'll post more as I play with it

6. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Just a quick question here. How severe an injury are we talking here, as far as posting it?? I know severity of injury is somewhat relative and has a lot to do with an individual's pain tolerance, but do we post scrapes, cuts and bruises or just the major stuff??

7. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    Good idea George...much better than having to do all the testing by just a few ppl. Of course you know i'll help. I hope some of the feed back i've been giving you has been helpful so far.

8. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    I appreciate all the help, catheh :). Good ideas chris -- I'll keep that in mind tonight after work if I work on it some more. (too many 'work's in that sentence!)

9. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    Not sure if this is an issue but it is possible to put in a future date in the date injured field

also it accepted 31 days/99weeks/12months in the recovery field. You may want to limit weeks to 52. Additionally, you may want to change the minimum of all of the recovery fields to 0 for those that get cuts and scrapes, and there will probably be some that, if their recovery is 2months, put zeroes in the days and weeks fields instead of leaving them blank

10. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Good catch. :) Will tinker some more with it tonight. Once this page gets done and tested and what not it'll set the stage so to speak for what data I have to play with on the main screen and everyone's injury profile page.

edit: updates...
    future dates for injury now throw an error
    recovery fields can be 0

11. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    Congrates on your injury...your sprained neck was submitted successfully....LMAO