Downhill what clipless pedals are you using for dh/freeride?

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by proraptor, Jan 1, 2013.

1. doublewide

doublewide Ride Life....Ride GIANT

King
    Well...........were you able to ride "clipless" and fly through those chunky rock gardens with ease????

2. mrjonger

mrjonger New Member

I use the Shimano PD-M324. Clipless on longer climbs and platform for the downhill and technical uphills. They're heavy, the platform side is small, and the grip isn't that great on the platform side. But it's enough for what I do and I'm not confident enough to go full clipless. I really wish they offered something like this that was better designed. I'm contemplating going full platform, so I may not be the best advocate of this.

http://www.jensonusa.com/!AfFChdKV3n9-HFYje3-Vlw!/Shimano-PD-M324-Pedals?utm_source=FRGL&utm_medium=organic&gclid=CMDm9ci517QCFSmCQgodtiQA_Q

EDIT: This looks interesting...anyone have any experience with these?

http://store.sinz-racing.com/c/peda...e1eaf3d883ad051f5416d9afa37&redirected_post=1

3. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

Went down waterfall and loved them, but as i was going down chutes i clipped a rock and bent the metal cage....they still work though lol.

Not having to worry about my feet moving is a great feeling, i also like how its easier to manipulate the rear of the bike with them around sharp corners. Hopefully these pedals hold up to some more abuse.

I do have one issue though, now that i was clipped in everytime i went off a drop my front end was low landing on the front end and not front and rear at the same time. Im thinking being clipped in im accidently pulling up too much with my feet. Got kind of hairy on the big drop at the playground.

4. DH GLORY

DH GLORY New Member

5. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
    kindo of hairy? I almost wet my bib watching you

6. destroyer

destroyer I build jumps

Not sure where I read it, but I remember reading about bike setup with clips and without. They said platform riders tend to ride a little more back on the bike (softer front/stiffer back) while clipped in riders are the opposite. Maybe you need to try some small changes.

7. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

Thanks destroyer, ill look into it.

Anyone ever use the crankbros mallet dh pedals btw? The regular mallets arent going to work with the half plastic body