Turnbull Canyon

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by LBmtb, Oct 28, 2004.

1. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Simply a fun ride. Switchbacks, singletrack, fast downhill, and fireroad provide good times. Located in the middle of the city.

Turnbull Canyon Beverly Hills Dr & Turnbull Canyon Rd
    Whittier, CA 90601

photos | weather | google

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2006
  2. Epic_Mtn_Biker

Epic_Mtn_Biker New Member

Gurp13 & myself went out there on Saturday, we went up to the tower via 3 bitches, , did the 7th ave. loop, and friends, a short but sweet ride. conditions ranged from dry, to tacky (on friends) to slightly muddy on the 7th ave. loop.

no erosion issues to worry about. everything was nice, tires hooked up extremely well on Friends.

3. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    "slightly muddy"? Dude, I am such a wuss, because I thought it was muddy as hell! My bike was going downhill sideways! :D

Oh, and I'd add, beware of ticks. Either don't get off your bike or use a repellant. I picked up a tick that lodged on the underside of my thigh. Fun. My first tick. Armondo didn't get any ticks but that's probably because he didn't wear deodorant that morning. ;) Or, because he didn't have to get off and walk as much as I did.:-k

4. i am dino

i am dino Guest

I think his spandex scares them away.
    :D

j/k armando

5. Epic_Mtn_Biker

Epic_Mtn_Biker New Member

it's not spandex:protest: , it's LYCRA!!!!! :lol: :lol:

6. pshloss

pshloss New Member

Rode most of the trails at Turnbull today with EpicMtnBiker and Outlaw (and Hector for a while). Most trails on the north side of the park are in good shape (7th, Friends, Rattlesnake, Chicken Run). Worsham Cyn singletrack on the north side of Turnbull Cyn Rd is pretty OG, but passable- some bad thistle at the top. The ridge climb back up is now a singletrack due to the growth. Nice and green everywhere with nice flowers.

7. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Rode Turnbull yesterday with Bret. It's pretty overgrown right now, some bushwacking dropping down into 7th street and on various spots there. Also some bushwacking after rattlesnake on the way back to the fireroad. Everything else is fine about it.

8. pshloss

pshloss New Member

Rode 7th St, Rattlesnake, Friends on Wednesday. All of those trails have been recently brushed and are in great shape. Saw 2 bobcat cubs at the bottom of 7th st trail where it's real green.

9. singleSSpeedster

singleSSpeedster Rolling on 29" dubs!

Pete....thanks for the update.

Like George said, it was getting pretty thick as of about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago. Cow trail had thistle/mustard about 7 ft high!!! Heck, even getting to the Cow Loops after 360* was an weed-wacking adventure.

I am riding there tomorrow, get a good ride in. I will try to ride every trail, including Cow....I'll post a update later tomorrow.

10. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Diggity and I rode Turnbull today after work. Traffic going up the 605 was a biznatch because of a motorcycle accident. Last part of the 7th street loop close to the fence was all mud, according to diggs. Guess the sprinklers were on and what not. Went down rattlesnake with him, up the fireroad again, to the water tower, down the bitches, over to friends and back to cars. Sun made it hard to see in some spots. A couple spots on friends is getting a little dusty but nothing too bad.

11. pshloss

pshloss New Member

Trail conditions:
    7th st loop- was plowed 8 ft wide- no longer singletrack! Sucks, but it is a little more challenging now due to loose/sandy spots

Friends, worsham cyn (cow trail), Rattlesnake are all clear. Watch for 8 ft ladder jump on Rattlesnake if you take the DH line!