Triple Crown Series?

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by fongster, Sep 14, 2014.

1. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    Anyone race these events? How are they compared to OTH and OC Classic? Courses techy or not so much? They look fun from pics and vids I've seen.

2. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    Crickets? No input? Either it was really bad or so good folks don't want it overcrowded.

3. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

JUST DO IT!!! :bang:
    (fun)

Sure wish someone else would chime-in! 8-[

4. Preludedriven

Preludedriven Member

Graphic Designer
    Home Page:
    I've raced this series the past two years and all 3 races are great and offer a lot of variety. This series is always done well with lots of trail maintenance before each race and the courses are always well-marked. The awards ceremony and raffle at the end of each race is something to look forward to. I haven't raced OC Classic, but compared to OTH, they are just as fun with maybe a little more elevation. Just like OTH, these races are family-oriented and a great environment for all ages.

Bonelli i would say is the most technical with some fast DH and a few rock gardens. Lots of short/steep climbs here and the dirt is usually dry and loose. Each lap is about 5 miles.
    South Hills park is a grind with lots of climbing and some singletrack thrown in. There is a long and steep pavement climb that is pretty killer. Each lap is about 4 miles.
    Mt Sac Fat Tire Classic is probably my favorite of the 3. Interesting course layout with good elevation and 2 nice singletrack DH sections. Each lap is about 5 miles.

5. suicidesam

suicidesam New Member

Does anyone know where I could find a map of the race course I have googled like crazy

6. Preludedriven

Preludedriven Member

Graphic Designer
    Home Page:
    I have all 3 recorded on my Strava. Which race course in particular are you looking for? ....or did you want all 3? LMK Bonelli usually has some significant changes each year...