the new guy...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FyrFytrRyn, Feb 14, 2006.

1. FyrFytrRyn

FyrFytrRyn RTB to a WNL

estudiante'/naysayer
    hello everyone.
    my name is ryan and i live in yucaipa ca. im currently a student @ crafton hills college obtaining my AS degree in Fire Technology, i enjoy school, prerunning for #1477 in the MDR series, riding skateparks, anything related to fire or EMS, and longwalks on the beach. im 21 years old and have been riding MTB's for only a few weeks total. i had a KHS hardtail i used for dirt jumping, tried to use it for XC but miserably failed. so i just bought a cannondale jekyll and have ridden it about 15 miles every day for the last 4 days, and i absolutely love it.

i have only ridden the crafton hills fire road so far and am still getting used to the bike. ive only ridden solo, not on purpose but i havnt met anyone to ride with yet. prior to this XC experience ive had 11 years of 2 wheel fun, from MX racing, to bmx and now a harley, ive got a thing for bikes, as of now, XC MTB is #1 :D...

awesome site... i thik im going to like it here.

2. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Welcome to STR, lots of cool cats to ride with here!!!

3. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    Welcome!

4. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Fire technology? Sounds like a really fun major. Only ridden fire road so far, huh? I think that might change if you ever come ride with us. :)

5. FyrFytrRyn

FyrFytrRyn RTB to a WNL

estudiante'/naysayer
    thanks for the welcomes! yeah, fire technology is a blast. ultimate goal is firefighter/paramedic. mostly fire road, theres a few single track offshoots @ the end of the fire road i like alot, still getting the fell for something that doesnt have 20"+ of travel.. haha.

6. Epic_Mtn_Biker

Epic_Mtn_Biker New Member

Welcome to STR!!

I live in Ontario, so you can look me up if you want to join us on a ride, a couple of guys & myself carpool all over the place. :bang:

7. FyrFytrRyn

FyrFytrRyn RTB to a WNL

estudiante'/naysayer
    awesome

epic_mtb, sounds good. ill let you know, probably wont be for a little while, im still not very fast.

ill be back on the bike in a few days, a close friend died sunday in idillwild while MTBing. i wasnt with him, but heres what ive been told.. he was 2 from the back, a friend came up behind and saw him in prone position on the ground. rolled him over, saw him take 3 deep breaths and he was gone. cpr was initiated but he wasnt coming back. his viewing is tonight, but i cannot make myself go, it will absolutely tear me apart. funeral is tomarrow, ill know why by then. what a heavy week. take it easy everyone.

8. Epic_Mtn_Biker

Epic_Mtn_Biker New Member

My condolences to you, sad story