The Bike Co

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by LBmtb, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

The funny thing was...........

I bet they had them in stock:lol:

I am always willing to give bike shops especially bikes shops a second, third, fourth chance.

I have had one or two so so experiances at The Path but way more positive ones

It sounds like the DH'ers love them so that is great:bang:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  2. guero

guero iFroth

what is wrong with people sharing their own personal experience's at The Bike Co? i bought a huckler frame from kevin awhile back and had a positive experience. i went to the big sale a few months back and scored some good deals on a thomson stem, a tire and a fox jersey.

there is plenty of positive on this site. just take a look around and it wont be long before you trip over some positive. in fact, im not sure that you'll find a more positive socal mtb site. it appears that you have taken other people's negative experiences at The Bike Co. to heart...if it helps any, other shops in the area have also gotten some negative feedback as well. have you taken the time to read 'chumbajasons' replies to this thread. he is a great example of a 'positive'. perhaps all of these negatives are happening for a reason, instead of throwing in the towel, maybe you can spread the word to your friends at The Bike Co. and tell them what some of their customers and/or former customers are saying about the shop. if anything, i think this thread will help The Bike Co. make an upward swing, and i know for a fact that ChumbaJason is taking steps to make that happen! Many of us have gotten to know Jason over the last few months and have seen how great of a guy he is, and how passionate he is about the sport and industry, I truly believe that if he wasnt such a cool bubb, many of us would completly write off The Bike Co. but since he is involved in trying to turn things around, many of us will give The Bike Co. a second and third chance. :bang:

3. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

nicely put bubb.... i'll be stopping by the shop to say whats up to Jason tomorrow. I drive by the shop everyday on my to and from work and do not bother going in, with Jason working there i may change that.

4. JamR

JamR Moderator

Senior Planning & Field Operations Manager
    These posts are valuable to the readers and to the shops if they are viewing them and are taking them seriously.

They help everyone to get a little insight on the common pros and cons of similar experiences that people have had at a particular shop; but in the end, you should at least try the shop and make your own decision.

If a shop has a ton of posts complaining about bad or late service, then at least it would give you some background to bring up the issue to the staff when you are dropping your bike off for service; and hopefully they will be on their best behavior to try to make sure that you have a good experience.

Bike shops for me are all about customer service and the Bike Co is basically a good shop with knowledgeable staff, and I would probably still go there if I were in the market for some high end components. But unless I really knew their service dept changed drastically over the past year, I would personally use another popular shop for service. The Bike Co. is the only shop I have had to walk in and take my bike from the service shop and they still owe me a warrantee repair.

My personal suggestion would be to get them to put in writing when your service will be done, and hold them to it.

I'd be back there in a heart-beat if I knew their service had improved, but it seems to still be a little lacking from reading some of the posts.

5. hansolo

hansolo New Member

biatches and smart ass biatches.

6. xhuskr

xhuskr Powered by Guinness

Teacher (da wee ones)

want to expand? r u referring to STR posters or shop personnel?:?:

7. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

wow that was appropriate.

8. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Oh no.........

I see a classic MTBR smackdown thread in the making.

Run away.................run away!!!!!

9. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

since you are a member, i would guess you fall into the bitches catagory as you certainly are not smart.

10. hansolo

hansolo New Member

that went for 29 wheels...
    but really I read the entire thread and if you read anything I said, then you know I saw the positive, but towards the end it just strated turning sour. The reason I started looking into this site was because a good riding buddy of mine told me to look at all the Bikeco bashing. He was concerned because I used to work there "back in the day". According to denmother, I wasn't such a hot employee, even though I've never even seen her in there (i worked 6 days a week..which is everyday the Bikeco was open). Yes I know what she looks like cuz i see her at the races. Anyhoo...its sad when the administrator is the one that starts such a thread to begin with.

11. xhuskr

xhuskr Powered by Guinness

Teacher (da wee ones)

u need to spend more time on here. I've learned quite a bit. As for the Bike Co...they can do great work....ALL shops have their issues :-k(read other threads). Don't base your opinion about this great site due to one thread........that's like saying you don't like beer because you've only had Bud Light..........to each their own. Do a Fully loop with the group.......you'll get it then.:clap:

12. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

hansolo, this thread was not set to "bash" the shop although some of our experiences may sound like we do. there are similar threads about another shop and the owner even went as far as to call the customer (member here) up and help resolve the problem. They did have their loyal customers and supporters chime in and back up the shop, but the biggest move was they decided as a company to take care of the situation. Service like that is what separates one shop from another.

13. hansolo

hansolo New Member

Good Point Xhuskr....I guess I was a bit quick to judge.

14. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Please splain...........

what are you calling me out on?:)

15. guero

guero iFroth

what is sad is that you are practically crying over a bunch of reviews of The Bike Co., negative or positive THEY ARE JUST PEOPLE'S OWN EXPERIENCES with the shop. just because he is the admin of the site doesnt mean he should not share his most recent experience there. he even praised kevin and christian in his review. maybe if everyone had such a great experience at The Bike Co. this thread would be 100% shiney and happy....like I said, and like Jamr said, take what everyone is saying and do something with it....it is obvious there is a problem that needs to be resolved...(and as i also stated, chumbajason is on it)...

16. hansolo

hansolo New Member

Just taking it personal because I used to work there.
    The guys complaining because he didn't get a freakin loaner bike and HOPE didn't ship the parts!!! I'm crying now because I've wasted my valuable time with all this. I'm going riding. F the computer!

17. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

to lighten things up a bit, i brought service stuff to Bike Co. twice and was helped in a timely manner. I was helped by Terry both times i was there. I first brought in an Intense frame to get the bearings pressed out for powdercoat. Now i was just going to drop it off and pick it up later, but Terry just asked if i can wait while they got the job done real quick. :clap: A second time i dropped off my front wheel to get trued and the very next day i received a call that it was ready to pick up. It was not exactly true, but it was tensioned correctly, which i think is more important.

Bike Co. is not a bad shop, like all businesses they have things to work on.

18. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Mr. Troll

What are you talking about?#-o

19. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    That's my only bike so if I take it in there and get quoted less than a week of course I'm going to be a little ticked if it takes over a month. Luckily I have good friends who loaned me bikes during that time so I was still able to ride. Also, they didn't service the other two spots on the bike that didn't require those Hope parts in the month that they had it.

And even then I tried not to put much emotion into my review/experience. Just dates and facts.

BTW, read the posting guidelines. Call anyone a biatch again and you're gone. You're not exactly giving the Bike Co any good publicity by acting so childish here. 1000's of potential customers will read all this.

20. Shannon

Shannon ........

Perhaps you haven't personally met or spent much time with 'the administrator' of this site. He happens to be one if the fairest and non judgmental guys we know. George's post and the others that followed were pretty much factual and weren't personally attacking or bashing the guys from The Bike Co. Big difference when expressing an opinion or experience with a shop. It would seem to me that the responsibility of any informative forum, regardless of sport or interest is to report what is going on in the marketplace (such as positive or negative information about a local shop). If that doesn't happen, then what is the purpose of having a forum in the first place? If someone is going to take offense to criticism over their service and business practices and not try to do something to change it, then maybe they shouldn't be business owners.