Thank you Ronald Reagan and greedy people

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by chubacabra, Jan 11, 2015.

1. chubacabra

chubacabra Threapy Dog

Near the end of his term, Ronnie's administration was big on economic outsourcing, which today did 2 important things.
    One, it killed a lot of manufacturing in the USA which helped the unemployment rate go higher. It did though create us to
    be more on the consumer side which was good for banks and lending. Bad for people who consumed more than they made.

And secondly, it helped countries like China and India to become economic and military powers, but in turn made us rated #2 economically in the world and a country that owes billions in debt.

I don't mind tech, manufacturing and finance going overseas, after all the US isn't the planet Earth. But greed from US corporations trying to make their management salaries and stocks high went too far IMO.

Here is an example of a "smalls" item made here that was on my BMX bike when we weren't as greedy as a country.
    20" tube Dec 1978-Dec 2014 (xmas bike when I was a kid)

Attached Files:

2. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    Bill Clinton did more damage with his Nafta and other free trade agreements than Reagan did.(Not a Reagan fan due to his tax reorganization and other follies). Even though he was a Democratic-elected president, he was known as the best business president the Republicans ever had!!! - Lloyd

3. launchpad

launchpad Member

Unemployed and Living In My Mom's Basement
    Orange County but want to move to the Inland Empir
    Yep, Ross Perot was right it seems. Be nice if people elected individuals who acted for the benefit of the citizenry instead of for whoever pays them (both parties) the most or whatever stupid utopian vision (Obama) they have.