sunset ride report Labor Day 2015

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by da big hills, Sep 7, 2015.

1. da big hills

da big hills happy night trails

daily night grind
    I was out on my sunset cruise when I can across a hiker, we exchanged the normal hello etc. Then he said something so I stopped. He was a nice 80+ year old man getting out and about, way up on that lonely ridge. We discussed all the different things down below, streets, boulevards, Paradise falls, his work at Mainland of the Pacific and so on. I saw the sun set into the blue Pacific and he was wondering which way to go, and still discussing this and that. He asked "how often I ride"? I told him "6 days a week". "Why not seven" he asked? "Getting in six is hard enough" I said. I finally convinced him of the correct path and we parted ways. He said "it is dark out there where are you going"? I did not have the heart to tell him that I left early enough to not need lights. All and all it was pretty cool to meet the old dude out no the trail, and I did get an hour ride in, just I was only moving for a portion of the time. It is a nice thing to look forward to: still being able to get out and wander into the chaparral when your pushing 90.

2. Sprankle

Sprankle Chicks Dig Scars....

Software Development
    Nice, I enjoy those random connections out on the trail.

ridinrox likes this.