Should I be pissed off at my LBS?

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by afgenkuong, Mar 28, 2010.

1. ShockTheraphy

ShockTheraphy New Member

I don't get it. Care to elaborate?

j/k go elsewhere!! ;)

2. afgenkuong

afgenkuong Guest

Big thanks to Calzone, that thoroughly covered everything... I'm probably going to take pictures this week and send a picture to the manager of my RnR. Funny thing is, we talked to him while we were waiting for the line to come in and he took down my phone number yet no one called.

3. Bomber

Bomber Glenn

Boeing KC-46 program and retired from USAFR
    The advid bleed kit comes with the ferrules required to cut the cable to any lenght you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  4. stinky180

stinky180 Will make it Reign....

sucks. thats why i do most of my own bike work. with the exception of wheel truing and anything bearing related (the path)

http://www.amazon.com/Zinn-Art-Moun...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269848282&sr=8-1

if you had that much trouble with the hydraulic brake line, why didn't you take your bike elsewhere? why did you even continue going back after the 1st incident? i stopped going to the tustin performance bike the moment they started to act like smart asses in front of me..

5. NipomoGuy

NipomoGuy Tink's first sponsor

flying my mental jet
    That shop is a bunch of hacks, too long to route through the downtube... so shorten it you dumbshits!! there are a few reasons more, but if they can't even shorten a brake hose, they should just close up and piss off

6. dudevf1

dudevf1 New Member

I enjoy these types of posts and especially yours given that you are a younger rider and you're learning about all aspects of riding, including dealing with the LBS.

Should you be angry? Of course, but don't let the anger thwart how you respond to the situation. Most people would be upset with the treatment that is described, and rightly so.

Learning to respond appropriately to unacceptable service is important, probably more important than the actual repairs needed to your bike in this case. Once you have stood up for yourself with the shop owner or manager I think you'll look back on this as a valuable lesson. So, be strong and courageous and good luck on getting it resolved.

Also, you'll enjoy DIY brake bleeding in the future, I did my first one last year at a lot older age and it's pretty easy and empowering. Who knows, in a couple of years you may be an expert on repairing your own bike.

7. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

That's B.S. He shouldn't have to kiss their a$$es to get good sevice and hope that if he uses the right lingo and buys them beer that the bike shop will exept him into their secret click. Plus, He shouldn't have had to learn any lesson to be treated decent.
    I say "Phuq them!!" and to share his experiance with RnR when ever he is given the chance.

8. N4th4n

N4th4n Its a purse..oookkkkkkaay

In answer to the title of the thread....YES. Don't go back ever ever again !

Start dating the shop owners daughter, and jilt her at the alter !!

9. TREE

TREE New Member

Situations like this is why I no longer take my bike to The Bike Co. - but rather drive and extra 20 minutes to The Path.

10. SheDevil

SheDevil I just ride my bike....

11. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    did you edit to spell the word wrong?:lol::lol:#-o

To the OG post.....life is tooo short to be pissed at a LBS....just move on