Ride Report SART pavement Green River---> the beach

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by gurp13, Nov 26, 2006.

1. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    RR: SART pavement Green River---> the beach

Pain Freak, khai, new2mtb, RidetheRAAM and I met up with Mr. Bonk (and friends) and hammered out a great ride. It was pretty cold this morning so we had jackets and other warm clothing on. But, once we got up to speed it warmed up. It was petty cool most of the day and never really got hot at all even with the sun out. The river looked beautiful to me with plenty of ducks, herons and cranes. Lots of "traffic" out there, too, with cyclists, runners, and walkers aplenty. We kept up a good pace of nearly 22 mph going and 18mph coming back. There were a couple of breakaways. RtR had his aerobars in full effect and pounded out 24mph for several miles until we got to the beach. khai and new2mtb also had some pretty good breakaways. I chased new2mtb for several miles at one point and he was pushing the big gears going 23-25mph.

Overall, it was a good time. We were having so much fun we didn't stop to take pictures, even though we did huck a few potholes and large cracks in the pavement. Total ride time was just about 3 hours and we ended up doing just under 60 miles total. Avg speed was just under 20mph. Great ride!

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    It was a lot of fun. I especially liked it when new2mtb got dropped and made Khai's day. He kept telling me to look. When I finally caught up to new2 he was hurting. Best part was our final little climb to my truck where I tried a sprint for the second place jersey and Sir Gurp wouldn't have any of it. He came back around me and finished off strong. leaving me in the dust. Great ride guys.RtR is flockin quick too. Usually a younger guy like him doesn't have what it takes, but this guy is tough!

3. gurp13

High School Teacher
    Left you in the dust? Dude, when you exaggerate, you really go whole hog! I believe I swerved around you and got ahead by five feet before we got to the cars. This was right after you tried to run me off the road to protect your "lead" after I pulled you for the last several miles, wheelsucker! :lol:

4. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    Great ride guys. The whole way back my legs were saying SLOW DOWN!!! but my brain kept saying speed up speed up! When I first got there I saw all these roadie guys with big legs thinking I was gonna be fighting to keep up the whole way so I took it easy in the beginning. Then once I sped up a little and finally got warm I wanted to keep that pace because otherwise I was freezing. Everytime I looked back all I saw was new2mtb and nobody else. Until the last 2 miles I finally tired him out!

Great ride though. Fastest time I have ever had going down to the beach and back and I didn't even cramp and I don't really feel fatigued right now either.

Major kudos to the guy on the fixed gear. Everytime I see someone bouncing around I'm going to think of him (and when Pain Freak was doing his imitation!:lol: lol).

5. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    The guy on the fixie is Mr Bonk, and there was no bonk in him today. Very impressive keeping pace with you guys. He called me a little while ago, he said his legs were killing him and he was worked over good. I think it's RtR fault.

6. new2mtb

new2mtb I'm a newbie!

Slacking
    good ride today guys, especially raam4, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for calling yourself mtb'kers. you all looked like a true roadie today . damn, 2 miles to go then I hit lowbat.. even though how hard i managed my pace it was tough keeping up with raam4. Glen also improved a lot, keep it up and soon you'll be lightning ! mike its okay, I have one mission in riding and that is to beat khai :D even though im 2nd last im all good ! LOL

7. gurp13

High School Teacher
    Lightning? Ka-chow!

8. ka0t1c07

ka0t1c07 Full Travel

Grease Monkey
    Home Page:
    I was a Roadie on the mountain today. LOL

9. new2mtb

new2mtb I'm a newbie!

Slacking
    speed, im speed, focus.. speed 1 winner .. 42 loosers i eat loosers for breakfast :D