Announcement RSVP's working...sort of

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by genusmtbkr5, Jul 17, 2008.

1. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    OK, seems that the RSVP function is still in a funk. What I figured out is that if you go the the "event/rides next 90 days" and click on an event, you will get a "RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed."

What you need to do is go to the:

pull down, click on "view calendar" and go to the event you want and the RSVP should be open. Let me know how that works. I've PM'd George and let him know what the problem seems to be. Hopefully, we can get this thing resolved.

2. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

are we ever going to get the rsvp function back in the trailhead forum?? The separate calander/trailhead thing is a mess when trying to keep track of things

3. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    you the man Gene!

4. evdog

evdog Member

That seems to work.

I had been setting up a new thread in the Trail Head forum, setting up a new ride in the calendar and including there a link to the thread, where people could reply.

Another problem I've been having is that when I post a ride and select the correct day it shows up on a different day in the Home page list & calendar. ie I entered Tues 14th for my LPQ night ride in the new ride post - on the Home page list it showed up as a Wednesday event. So I changed the selected date in the RSVP to the day before. Now it shows up on the Home page on Tues, but in the Calendar itself now shows as Monday!

5. genusmtbkr5

Did you mean the ride that was on the 14th of this month that showed up on the 13th?

6. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Thanks Gene, that works!!!

7. genusmtbkr5

Thanks Nancy. Hopefully more people start to RSVP for more rides. So post them up.

8. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    gene - thanks.

so any insight into when this may be fixed for real as well as when comment section and posting ot board gets fixed as well? Seems to be an intrigal part of the board that has not been really operable in quite some time?

9. genusmtbkr5

10. evdog

evdog Member

Correct - the ride was on Tuesday the 14th. When I selected the 14th as the date in the Calendar, it showed up on Wednesday the 15th in the Event/Ride summary on the Home page (when viewing the Calendar it shows up properly on Tues). However, since the front page is where most people look for upcoming rides I wanted it to show in the correct place there! The only way I could find to do that is to select the Monday the 13th in the Calendar so that the ride shows up on the front page on Tuesday 14th. Had to do the same thing on the 22nd and July 1st. The one GP Pilot set up on the 8th worked.

Funny...this doesn't seem to happen with other rides that people have posted up. So maybe its me? I have been selecting "create new ride" as shown in your first post above. And then a "ranged" event. I'll try setting up next week's now and see if it works better using a "single, all day event". Will have to wait a few days to see if it shows properly on the front page. That may be it...

11. ohyeah89

ohyeah89 LEARN-IMPROVE-TRAIN

Water Biologist
    I THINK IT'S WORKING NOW!!! Well at least from the home page!!! The Sunday Loop ride I just posted is allowing RSVPs from the home page as well as denmo's 2 rides that are up there (which she recently re-posted). I hope it's not too soon to tell but I think at least that kink has been worked out!! :?:

Now just to be able to be able to start a discussion in the same thread as the RSVPS (like how we used to) but I guess that will have to wait until the vbulletin guys get their act together.

Someone post a new ride so we can confirm this!

12. JOx2

JOx2 Active Member

Tara, correct me if im wrong, but its on the calendar not on the Trailhead forum. Try post it in the Trailhead Forum.

13. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    What a great miracle that'd be :lol: Haven't changed anything code-wise. The mod author finally replied to one of my PM's but doesn't want to budge. :(

14. ohyeah89

ohyeah89 LEARN-IMPROVE-TRAIN

Water Biologist
    Yes (and thats the second problem I was refering to). But what I was saying was working now is this:

Normally when I click on rides posted on the Home Page, I can not RSVP, getting a message saying, "RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed." But try clicking on the Sunday Morning Fully Loop or California Golden State Downhill Championships Race #4/Finals - Woodward West or Mammoth Closing Weekend 9/20-21 from the home page and it allows you to RSVP directly there without having to go to the Calender Main Page and then click on the event to RSVP....

WEIRD!

LBmtb, if no code has been changed what do you think the difference is for these rides than the rest? haha weird

15. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

Well I can vouch that the RSVP is closing for no apparent reason.
    I've got a few rides posted and they all seem to close the RSVP for no reason.
    The 'Crossing at Whiting" one closed a couple of times and my latest ride for tomorrow was also closed...

Simply going in and editing the calendar entry seems to fix it but it is really becoming a PITA to keep track of the rides...

16. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Non-Profit Treasurer, Asset Valutation, Managment,
    Home Page:
    I got it to work fine

This is not rocket science, I figured it out today and it works like normal. Instead of an all day or recurring event I went with ranged event and set up the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS below when to take it down/close RSVP's even selected # of seats to reflect what was actually available. Not as user friendly but at least the CLOSED message can be avoided.:clap:

To post simply;

1. View calendar.
    2. On the right select from the Add new event drop down; Ranged, Recurring, Single All day
    3. Enter your specifics in additional options and Badda bing, easy RSVP.

Now if I could just get it to link to external sites more easily....

17. evdog

evdog Member

CHeck that it appears correctly in the calendar and on the front page. I tried using a ranged event earlier and it would always show up a day early on the front page (the ride I scheduled for Tuesday would be listed as Monday on the front page). Maybe they've fixed that error by now.

18. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Home Page:
    when I check it all I get is my RSVP message, what do you guys see?

Also not sure if there was a recent V-Bulletin update but as long as the parameters were not left to the default zero values it seemed fine.

19. jeff^d

jeff^d Active Member

Your event shows up as 12/20 on the Calendar, but on the front page under Event / Ride (next 90 days) it shows as Sunday, 12/21.

20. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Home Page:
    Alright think I got it, just don't end and begin them on the same day.