Rode Santiago Truck Trail today....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by i am dino, Jan 1, 2005.

1. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Today I scooped up Rob around 11:15 and we rolled out to ride. Parked at Cooks Corner, geared up and rolled down the 1.5 mile road ride, hung the right up the steep Modjeska Grade, about a .5 mile climb and were welcomed with some pretty sticky/tacky clay type dirt up at the gate. The ride wasn't too muddy, but don't get me wrong, it was still very sloppy up there. I didn't think there would be so much mud patches and puddles along the truck trail, but I was wrong. The entire downhill stretch before arriving at the LUGE had a little stream of water running down it, nothing major, but enough to flick water/mud spots up your back and your front side too (wish I had fenders!!!).

So, we get to the LUGE and on our way we saw maybe 7 or 8 people coming down the truck trail, so, we were curios to see how the LUGE would be, was it too muddy to ride or what? After climbing the little mound up to the flag pole, we posted up for a minute or two, dropped the seats and began to descend, a very slow descent, as the entire top portion of the LUGE had the water stream running down it, not a deep stream, but almost like a film of water that was making its way down the LUGE and veering off the sides when blocked by the water bars. It was cool going slow down the LUGE for once, usually you go pretty fast and don't get to take in the surroundings as you fly by everything. The second half of the LUGE was a little more dry, as the water was no longer running down the middle of the singletrack. We finished up, climbed out of the LUGE onto Live Oak and bombed down the road back to my truck.

It was a fun ride, had to get one in before the next onslaught of rain begins. Rob busted out his hardtail, and had a blast climbing up "puke hill", hahaha. Anyhow, my bike has NEVER been so muddy, I wish I took a picture of it to post. #-o

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

yea..!

Right on man..i rode fullerton loop with my singlespeed today...going slow is fun...!

3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    I wish it would stop raining and I wish I wasnt sick. I miss the ride . . .