Rock N Road Cyclery (Threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by Cowgirl, Mar 4, 2008.

1. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

RNR is now carrying Niners. I'm sure that those not shopping there have their reasons, and admittedly, Specialized has a lot of requirements from their shops, but they are trying to get a bit more of what riders want.

The same with Surf City, they also have a few other bike types.

True, they are not as boutique as the Path in terms of specializing in mtn biking, but they are trying to service a larger customer base (not all hardcore riders). Can you really knock them for that? Their customer service is great, they have a very friendly staff, and they also support a lot of local mtn biking events and clubs (unlike Surf City).

BTW, for what it's worth, the Spec roadie gloves are the only ones that I use--Pearl Izumi shreds after a month, Cannondale leaves my hands black. My first bike was Spec and I threw that thing off of many mtns (hence my name), and the bike lasted. So, their products aren't quite crap.

2. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Ah... remembering the good ol' days...:wave:

Specialized bikes are some of the best mass-produced bikes - I think few will argue with that. I think some people just want more of a selection, which explains why auto dealers grouped together in auto malls tend to do better than stand-alone dealers (those without other dealers around).

3. G-MONEY

G-MONEY International Playboy

Infotainment
    Rock 'n Road in Irvine Rocks! Super friendly and helpful. They've done great work on my bikes with quick turnaround times.

4. Elisheva

Elisheva New Member

counterterrorism
    +1 on the turnaround times.

5. crujones

crujones New Member

Sorry not everyone has had a great experience here...I'll pay full price somewhere else just so I don't have to spend my money here. I feel like I walked into a car lot than a bike shop.
    Ask about something outside what they carry or price matching you get a blank stare. If your a well off roadie Irvine is the place to go, just bring cash.
    Policy changes depending on whom you talk to...

Just calling it what it is...not a FOLLOW through service shop.

6. siafu

siafu New Member

Kudos To the Rock N Road. A+++ Service

:clap:I just wanna give a shout out to the Rock N Road in Mission Viejo for helping me with my new bike purchase. Especially Chris who was very knowledgable. I have been itching for a new bike and they totally hooked it up for me on the bike itself and all the gear I got when I was there.

I drove two hours down there just to buy the bike from them because I liked the service I recieved over the phone. I would tell anyone to go into that shop and expect great things.

And thanks to anyone else who has given me input over the past few weeks. :clap:

I cannot wait to get out there and ride. Hope to see some of you out there.

:wave:

I wanna add that The Path was also helpful but they did not have the color I wanted (but the price was the best here no matter where i called the Rock n Road matched it). Hmmm sorry.

7. big al

big al Still here

Model Crafter
    Ditto on that, they gave me awesome free service with a bike I didn't even buy from them. You'd be jealous, I live 10 minutes from them.

8. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    need pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Scott V

Scott V Member

Rock N Road in Mission Viejo has always treated me awesome. Can't say enough about the service they provide. Helped with warranty issues when I had a Specialized and didn't hesitate to help with my current build even though I didn't buy it from them.

10. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    Glad we could help you out. Enjoy the new ride!

You planning on riding any of the OC trails in the future? Maybe you can hit up one of the shop rides?

11. warmblood

warmblood Member

Yep, got to say they are great. Terry @ Mission Viejo prepped and tuned my bike for VQ this year and it's running great, probably better than when I bought it new. They are always helpful, always nice and go out of their way to help.

12. siafu

siafu New Member

I live in indio so the drive is a nightmare. But I will have to in a few months when i need my bike tuned.

13. Ride2live32

Ride2live32 New Member

Custom Fabricator, soon to be cooking chef
    So does the Rock n Road in Anaheim Hills, chuck and Jason (racin jason) were very friendly and helpful, even though I used to work with Chuck at white bros a long time ago.

14. Mike.the.Spike

Mike.the.Spike Member

I wouldn't have anyone else in my corner but Rock 'N Road. Greatest service of any bike shop I've ever been to, simply put, they care. You won't find a nicer guys than Ed, Charles, Eric, & Chuck to name a few.

15. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

I've also had an excellent experience with Rock n Road at Laguna Niguel. They helped me tune up my front fork (filled with air) and fixed my speedometer for free and promptly. Also very friendly people who know their stuff.

16. Terry

Terry New Member

I used to work there (MV store: service)

My hat is off to all the employees there too...:clap: Speaking from experience they always aim to give 110% service to customers when possible. Without a doubt it was always about the appreciation of customers that kept me returning to work every day... Nothing was more satisfying than knowing I helped a fellow rider get back out on the trails (except for getting out on the trails myself ;-).

I must agree that it is more analoguous to a single brand department store vs boutique, but the people hired-on there tend to care and are top notch.

Since leaving and beginning a new chapter in life, my passion for MTBing has been rejuvenated and my overall mood = :)

Cheers,

-Terry

17. MV Rider

MV Rider New Member

Obviously, RNR is doing something right. There are four stores and check out the number of Specialized bikes you see at STT, Woods, Whiting, etc.

18. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    We're having a tent sale at the Aneheim Store soon.

[​IMG]

Should be some good deals.

19. dfioc

dfioc Quack Attack!

Project Manager
    Neither of my two bikes are Specialized (Giant) but I have all of my service performed at RNR (Irvine) because of the service I get there. Top notch. I find the Irvine location the best especially the turnaround times. The MV location tends to get too busy.

20. afgenkuong

afgenkuong Guest

The guys at RNR are really helpful. Even if you don't buy anything from them, they're more than willing to talk to you about parts, equipment, bikes, whatever. They helped me avoid some really big mistakes in buying a bike. Also, they know me really well because I service my stuff there all the time. Sometimes they even give me free tune ups and stuff if it isn't that bad. The guys there are really nice and are willing to help you out any time. +1000.