Ride with an Old Ride Partner Sunday (8/31/14)

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Mr. Beanz, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

Mike and I had done a lot of cycling back in 1997. Climbed Baldy Rd, Rosarito/Ensenada ride, and a few others. We did some training back then to race a couple other buds on The Rosarito ride. We ended up doing the 50 miler in 2:34. OF course I think we were younger and more competitive back then. Probably take me 6 hours now! I hadn't seen him in over 12 years then one day last year he shows back up on the trail. I've seen him out there riding with a few pace lines but he asked to ride with us today. Uhh yeah OK! I think he just wanted his picture taken ha ha! So we rode with Mike and Aimee joined us as well.

I'll have a video later on!

Gina kicked some freakin' azz today! We had an old ride partner from long ago ask to ride with us today. We did a 36 miler with a 16.9 average. The final section of the ride has a couple of Strava segments that I monitor. They come at the end of the ride. One 7.5 miler with an average of 20.1/ the other is a 10 mile segment with an average of 19.3 MPH.

Talking with friends and stuff then a music video. I believe Copy right issues will not allow the video to play on a mobile device. :-(

[video=youtube_share;Ft43wrHmfbc]http://youtu.be/Ft43wrHmfbc[/video]

Gina pulling the troops. This is the 20.1 segment near the end of the ride

[​IMG]

Mike

[​IMG]

Aimee

[​IMG]

Gina all smiles after the ride. Mid week rides must be paying off. She felt great today. Didn't call me one bad name all day ha ha!

[​IMG]