Ride Stage 7 of Tour of California before the race

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Aztlan, May 1, 2014.

1. Aztlan

Aztlan Member

Network Engineer
    My friend sent me this. I will be riding this, they have a bus pick you up in Pasadena at 5:30am and drive you Santa Clarita. It's 10 bucks for the bus ride and there is no fee to join. 86 spots still open.

May 17 - TOC Stage 7 - Santa Clarita - Pasadena
    Start: Santa Clarita [23360 Cinema Dr, Valencia]
    Finish: Pasadena [382 S. Wilson Ave, Pasadena]
    Miles: 85.2 mi
    Elevation Gain: 8,000ft

Route: We will start this SAG supported ride from Performance Cyclery in Valencia. The route will follow a high desert path to a Sprint in Acton and into the Angeles National Forest. A slight twist from the familiar route through the National Forest will be the addition of Upper Big Tujunga. This not only adds a second KOM, it also adds several miles on the picturesque Angeles Crest Highway. Passing the Mount Wilson Observatory, the riders will quickly begin a long, steep, and very technical descent into the town of La Canada Flintridge. The riders will pass by the Rose Bowl and across the iconic Colorado Street Bridge to CalTech for complimentary lunch and adult beverages. Route

Important: RSVP to participate on the ride. It is free. Buy a $10 bus ticket for 5:30am transport from Pasadena to Santa Clarita. Both options are 1st come/1st serve.

Schedule [Initial]
    5:30am - Buses depart Pasadena [382 S. Wilson Ave] for Santa Clarita $10 Bus Ticket incl/bike
    6:30am - Early Group Departs Santa Clarita [23360 Cinema Dr, Valencia]
    7:00am - Main Group Departs Santa Clarita [23360 Cinema Dr, Valencia]
    11:40am - Pros Depart Santa Clarita
    1:00pm - Lunch served at Cal Tech - Beckman Lawn - [382 S. Wilson Ave]

This ride will be held jointly with PAA & Santa Clarita Triathlon Club.

http://www.californiatriathlon.org/2014-epic-rides.html