Patrolling in Laguna

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by me and my bike, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
    Let me put it in another exapmle.Im assuming you take the free way every once in a while. Do you get on the 405,91,55, or whatever major one near you is between 3-5 if you dont need too? No you dont. Because you know theres traffic. Do you get on at 9 pm? Yes, there no traffic. Well Im informing you that theres traffic, so know your more cautious about getting on so you dont get stuck. And I think the hate comming from you towards illegal trails stems from the fact that you cant get "pie" in Moreno Valley";)

2. LadiesMan

LadiesMan Pro Member

General Contractor
    Home Page:
    This whole thread is pointless. If you ride illegal trails you run the risk of getting busted. Don't want to get busted? Respect the f***ing rules and stay off the trails that are specifically closed to bikes. Don't like the fact that they're closed? Petition to have them opened and become an activist. Jesus we live in one of the best mountain biking areas in the country and you can't find anything that's legal to ride?

3. strobe

strobe resident noob

Let me add to your freeway example, do you use the HOV lanes when alone or the Fastrak when you don't have the sticker? If so, you deserve to be caught whether its "peak traffic" hours or not. All of my "hate" isn't hate at all. Its an annoyance to a group of ppl who think they deserve to do whatever they wish regardless of the rules. Do something illegal and the only thing that person deserves is to get caught sooner or later.

I don't get any pie on any trails i've ridden in the OC or elsewhere. So, what that has to do with mountain biking, i only assume is an issue for you. I simply attempt to abide by the rules. Since doing otherwise usually reflects on the mtb community much more than we think. In SoCal, we honestly have plenty of legal trails here to choose from that we shouldn't need to poach. Again, not hate, just my opinion.

4. me and my bike

man of many trades
    Man. another main point completely missed and instead replaced with peoples stubborn opinions that they think everyone should live by. I feel likes sometimes people read the title and prepare there post before they even read through the thread. Feel free to shut it down Gene.

5. suicidesam

suicidesam New Member

6. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

In b4 gene. I love me some pie but it seems like everyone wants a slice nowadays.

7. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

Oh, Pie!, now I get it... :lol:

8. eatsrice91

eatsrice91 NoMoSoCal

Yes
    I smell a fiery whino end to another thread... Let the forum police shut it down before someone gets offended! Words hurt soooo much these days. :?:

9. AKAlan

AKAlan Member

Film Payroll Accountant
    The problem I and perhaps others have with the thread is that it started with "when you poach this trail, don't get caught" instead of "we all really need to stay off this trail because it is off limits to bikes". Knowingly riding off limit trails, or publicly talking about it, reflects poorly on MTB'ers as a group. Sure, you may get fined and you can accept those consequences, but the effects of an individual's actions can affect the group as a whole.

10. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    People need to lighten up.. no trails were mentioned at all, not even hinted at.. just a friendly heads up offered by a friendly guy... I'm pretty sure his post did not ruin the MTB community as a whole.. holy $hit this forum blows me away sometimes..

11. TheDecline

TheDecline New Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! Buncha crybabies . Don't do this , its illegal. Yeah I get it . A good heads up is a good heads up . Thanks Mo . If someone says "Hey man , don't touch that . Its hot ." Are you gonna say " I wasn't gonna touch it anyways ." or are you gonna say " Thanks." Its not a thread to debate the rights and wrongs of MTB . It just a heads up . Public service announcement to those who do ride that stuff . You guys need to calm down .

Now your gonna say but it affects the rest of us . Well guess what . Everything affects everything in one way or another . I cant even shave my damn head in the summer without getting told I look like a damn Nazi .

Personally I don't care much for the Laguna side . Im not into climbing that much for mediocre Dh fun .

Im calm btw . Rant over . Lock her up .

12. TheDecline

TheDecline New Member

Your faster than me lol . Maybe its cause im typing in the dark ? I think I saw somewhere that youll be in BB next weekend . Ill be there sunday . I wanna see your boy hit some jumps !

13. strobe

strobe resident noob

It's illegal. You shouldn't need a heads up. Whaaaaaaaaah! It really is amazing how following the law might be a good thing for the mtb community. Ppl really can't find a descent trail without poaching? Really?

And this thread wouldn't have been started if it was talking about riding legal trails. Just sayin'...

Not true. Head has been shaved since 1989. That has not been an issue spring, summer, winter, or fall. Attitudes represent more than a haircut.

14. me and my bike

man of many trades
    your still on this topic brah? Man, maybe you should find some illegal trails to ride, seems like you have alot of time on your hand

15. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX

Thread closed at OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.