Obama

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by jimbowho, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbowho

jimbowho Member

Water bringer.
    I'm up drinking coffee, and a Obama 2012 add pops up. Is STR endorsing Obama? or is my PC getting hijacked by Google or something?

This is important to me, and is a real question. Thanks

To make it simpler, anyone else getting Barrack Obama adds???

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  2. Bigbow

Bigbow New Member

I don't know. I've never seen political ads anywhere on this site. Maybe you got some brownies or cookies from other sites
    [​IMG]

3. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Many of the ads that pop up while viewing websites are tailored to the websites your browser has been visiting on a regular basis. I was viewing Surfline and kept seeing ads for Keystone Bike Park pop up and thought - what a coincidence. Now I am seeing ads for women's shoes - not a fetish of mine, but a telltale sign that my wife has been shoe shopping online. So...if you are seeing Barack Obama ads pop up, where the heck have you been browsing? MSNBC? DNC?

Disclaimer - I refuse to reveal my political leanings on this site. STR is for bike stuff.

4. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Gave you thanks for this...and definitely for 'wife shoe shopping online' ;)

C'mon, we've had more than enough political thread craziness in the past. And for goodness sakes we have a 'flame thread' over helmets, let's see if we can make it through this election process without a political push thread. If you're not actually signed in, site fills the banner with your browser history. Funny thing is Jenson pops up on other sites I visit from STR time.

5. pinnacle10

pinnacle10 Member

Teacher
    Home Page:
    Seems like the JensonUSA banner ads are the only ones that are from STR. Like another poster said the others tend to come from sites you've browsed.

6. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

I tend to agree that I'd rather not see non-bike stuff posted on here, but as people have pointed out to me before when I said a topic didn't belong, there is a Pub section where you can talk about anything. That's probably where this should be, by the way...

"Discussing" politics or helmets is a good thing. What's bad is when people dismiss other people's opinions which differ from theirs as being unequivocally wrong or suggest that the person with a differing opinion from theirs is stupid and/or evil for even bringing up their opinion--that's what's not pleasant to see, other people treating others with little or no respect. That hasn't happened on this thread...yet...

Kind of like the candidates--they should be debating policies and their budget proposals, not slinging mud about each other's history. Same with the "media"--they should make the election clearer, not muddy it up by putting on a bunch of clearly biased, slanted opinion spewers who do everything they can to skew the discussion the way they want it to go.

It would be nice to find a news reporter that you couldn't tell which way their political leanings were. I thought that used to exist, but I'm not sure it ever did.

Show me someone who hasn't been wrong on a vote before and I'll show you someone who's not honest with themselves and who doesn't know how to learn from their mistakes. I wish I would've listened more and been open more in the past. I would've gotten it right a lot more often. Of course that doesn't matter when it comes to presidential politics anyway as CA only goes one way 99% of the time.

7. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    Political talk might be more relevant when discussing who endorses more bike bans for "wilderness" and such.

8. Patrick

Patrick Member

Real Estate Expert
  9. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    Moved to "Website discussion" forum. Please stay on topic. All unrelated post deleted. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.