New rider from Pasadena

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by the_3ggman, Sep 9, 2013.

1. the_3ggman

the_3ggman New Member

Hello all,I've been wanting to get a mountain bike for a couple years now, and finally pulled the trigger 3 weeks ago. I picked up a very slightly used BMC Team Elite 29 (eBay special, yee haw!) for a killer deal. I've been exclusively a road toad for the past 4 years, racing crits, road races, and the Rose Bowl World Championships on Thursday nights. I decided it was time to broaden my horizons. I have motorcycle experience on the street and track, too, but I know nothing about riding dirty bikes (engine or pedal powered). I just like to go fast and push the limits. It's a sickness and I probably should seek help. This dirt stuff is hard as hell. That bike should have come with a warning label of some sort. Who thought trying to get up a rocky and sandy 16% grade, while trying to maintain traction on the rear tire without doing a wheelie and while trying not to break your ankles by falling into a 3 ft deep rut could be so rewarding? I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with all of you.

2. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Realtor/Full Realty
    LOL!!...Welcome from the OC!!