New here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ryant35, May 6, 2016.

1. ryant35

ryant35 New Member

I stumbled across you guys after Googling for mountain bike trails in OC.

I bought a mountain bike back in January after not riding since high school, in the late 90's.

I've been riding the San Gabriel River trail to Seal Beach & Long Beach working to get into shape again and this weekend will be my first venture back on the trails.

I have also been training to ride in the Tour of Long Beach next weekend.

Von-Diggity likes this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Welcome back to MtB @ryant35 . However STR is a shell of its former self. Try IMTBtrails - most of us migrated over there when STR fell upon viruses and neglect.

3. da big hills

da big hills happy night trails

daily night grind
    This is pretty much an OC site, so you are right at home. There are some hard core FAST dudes and a lot of climbers on the site. I am out west, and as it goes pretty much alone here in Ventura County. As mentioned the big traffic is on the other site, but it is not very personal or down home.
    Welcome to the Happy trails

4. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    If you are referring to IMTBTrails, you are mistaken. Riders go out of their way to welcome each other, ride with each other and support each other. The owner moderator thanks every post personally, and cultivates a culture of civility that was sadly lacking before STR crashed and burned. @ryant35 was welcomed by 7 people within hours of posting his first post. http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/new-member.4351/ IMTBTrails frequent posters are about 40% OC and 50% LA County and north, with a fair Inland Empire representation, and a couple of out of staters who used to post on STR.

I am still checking here periodically to see if anything is growing, but I see 0 responses to most posts a week or two after posting. There appears to be about three people trying to keep this site active, and a couple of dudes who are dropping in once in a while who are prolific contributors to IMTB.