Moving to Tucson area...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnyGent, Sep 24, 2015.

1. JohnnyGent

JohnnyGent In it to win it

Hey guys been a while since I've posted on here. Been living in south TX for the last 2 years with no MTB. Got a transfer to Tucson, AZ. Pretty excited about it. So is the wife. I can finally get back into biking and slim down some pesky lbs.

Any suggestions for trails, trail networks, and bike shops would be greatly appreciated. In terms of trails, would be looking for more AM/Enduro type trails I suppose. Wouldn't mind some XC trail suggestions either but be mindful i'm 20ish #'s heavier then when i stopped riding and have been off the bike for 2 years.

Thanks in advance!

2. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    OMG - you live!!!!! So good to hear from you. Many of us moved over to IMTBtrails.com when STR imploded. Are you ever coming back to the hood? You've got to stop in and see the remodeled house, and your adopted little sister (who is now 5 and is in Kindergarten).

This is a man who offered to (and did) babysit my < 1 year old daughter so my wife and I could go ride bikes! What a guy!

Tucson will offer you much better riding opportunities than TX did.

3. evdog

evdog Member

I've ridden in tucson a lot. Riding is good enough we head there for vacation once or twice a year, so that says something. Plenty of trail systems. The Arizona trail both south and north of town is great. In summer head up mt Lemmon to 9000ft. There are 5-6 ways to descend off Lennon, great backcountry and technical riding.

Check out sdmb.org for trail info. Tucson mtb.com is the local forum. They have a good community there and good advocacy group torca. Also check out Arizona endurance series of if you like long rides.