mOUNT wILSON bICYCLE aSSOC. pANCAKE bREAKFAST mAY 1ST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chubacabra, Apr 20, 2016.

1. chubacabra

chubacabra Threapy Dog

PANCAKE BREAKFAST & RAFFLE May 1st, 2016!
    The Ken Burton trail opens! JOIN THE CELEBRATION!
    12993413_10209338621244809_6499364183730182150_n.jpg
    win this bike, BUT THE SWEETNESS IS THAT ken burton is open!!! finally!!! after almost 6 years

The Pancake Breakfast and Raffle is back! Come all volunteers with your friends and family. Go on a hike or a ride before or after the event and get ready to win some swag.

At the GOULD MESA CAMPSITE 2.5 miles up the Gabrielino Trail from the JPL Windsor trailhead.

$10 for Breakfast & 5 Raffle Tickets!
    $1 each for additional tickets!
    $35 MWBA Membership and/or Donation gets 40 tickets!

8am - Breakfast Served!
    10am - Ken Burton Opening Ceremony
    RAFFLE STARTS 10:30am-ish! (we run on MTB time!)

Put down MWBA on your calendar for May 1st!

2. xtremeMTB

xtremeMTB Member

portlypeddler likes this.
  3. portlypeddler

portlypeddler Active Member

under a bridge
    I suppose I'll tie this in with something in the next few weeks. Great read.
    Steve

4. xtremeMTB

xtremeMTB Member

Glad I was able to make it out on this one. The event was well organized seemed like maybe 200 people showed up. Plenty of pancakes, sausages, and raffle prizes to go around donating to a good cause. After the opening ceremony was done I went up to ride the Ken Burton trail and on the way up my rear tire blew. I usually have a tube with me but this time I used my spare tube last week and didn't have a chance to pick up a new tube. Not only was I was bummed I drove 60 miles to ride this trail but now I had to walk about 3 miles back to the car. A couple mtb'ers rode past me as I was carrying my bike down nobody offered to help. Just when I thought it was hopeless a random mtb'er offered me a tube. This guy wasn't just an ordinary mtb'er, he had some heart condition that he wouldn't be able to bike without the help of an e-bike. Props for this guy to be not only out enjoying the trails just like everyone else but to offer a hand of someone in need! I was able to get my tube changed and finish up the ride. The trail was pretty beat up from all the riders earlier in the day. The trail has everything mixed in from fireroad climb, tight single track climb up and down, loose dirt, tight switchbacks, and multiple creek crossings making it a very well rounded trail. There is a dam near the end so don't forget to check it out. Also to note the bottom portion of the trail has PO so don't fall to the sides when you're tired like I did. Fortunately for me I'm not too allergic to PO.

What good is a RR without some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

portlypeddler likes this.
  5. chubacabra

chubacabra Threapy Dog

Yeah there were a lot of ppl there, it was amazing that I won something, I just bought $5 more tickets....btw--did KB do that to your rear brake?

6. xtremeMTB

xtremeMTB Member

I think the bolts just rattled off in the rocky creek section as I didn't hit anything. Luckily it didn't happen on the upper portion or it would not have been fun going down. The bolts that came with the brakes had a washer on it that can't be removed and my frame has a recessed hole that accepts a bolt without a washer so it was never really attached to begin with. It's working great now.