March 29-30 Riverside Enduro and XC

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by robertherber, Mar 17, 2014.

1. TJ3490

TJ3490 New Member

USMC
    That race was awesome, think I found my new focus! The trails were good except by the time beginner men went all the fast dudes did work on the trails so the corners were super washy. It was a great time though and I'm looking forward to the next race I can get in!

2. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

They are always pretty lose, that wasnt due to the other racers.

3. Old School

Old School Member

I'm glad to hear it was a fun event! I wanted to try it out, but just couldn't make it work this weekend.

4. TJ3490

TJ3490 New Member

USMC
    I got to get up there a few days before and ride a portion of the stage 3 trail, it was nice when I went through, and the small walk thru I did on stage one the corners were somewhat better but not tacky by any means. From all the riding they got super loose though, it was still a blast and I would do it again this weekend!

5. Rollnstone

Rollnstone ...

I didn't know it was you TJ, but I shook your hand on the podium. Good job for your first race, especially not knowing the trails before hand.

The guy who was leading the beginners must of had problems on M-Trail because he lost a lot of time. I passed a few riders who were off their bikes on my run. Overall this was a great event. Great weather and venue.

I pre-rode the course a month ago before the trail work, and there wasn't much sand, but the ruts were very bad. Even though we were last to go through, it was much faster then when the ruts were there.

6. russell

russell Member

Software Company
    Just wanted to thank Robert and EC for a great event. I wasn't planning on signing up but when I asked if I could still register at 8am the let me do it and I am stoked I did. The courses were fun, the results were prompt, the weather was beautiful, it would be tough to ask for anything more. After breaking my thumb in last year's event I was stoked with a 6th place in expert men. The two other team members I was riding with got on the podium (Margaret 1st Pro Women, Ryan 5th Sport Men) so it was a pretty great day all around for the Don's Bikes team.

Thanks again for an fantastic event.

I didn't get much in the way of pics… just this one from one of the lovely climbs.
    http://instagram.com/p/mLU7FDPEUb/

7. TJ3490

TJ3490 New Member

USMC
    Yeah it was super fun! Which guy were you? Me and my buddy went, I got 4th and he placed 2nd. We are both going to so the kenda sponsored race up in big bear in May. After that race I'm on a high, I've been bitten by the mtb bug.

8. HardtailBlazer

HardtailBlazer Member

seems like M trail took out a good amount of riders. i was rolling 4th in sport and crashed on M trails pushing me to 6th...damnit! well thats racing though haha crash scramble to pick up the bike and mash harder haah awesome!

9. fenderbender

fenderbender New Member

my friend who was leading in the beginner class clipped his derailleur at the top of m-trail which took out his chain, which took out some spokes which flattened his rear tire…. Bummer.

and for me I was leading sport 35+ and low sided in a turn toward the bottom of M-trail and dislocated my shoulder. Luckily it popped back in on its own and I coasted the rest of the trail and salvaged 2nd.

It was a great event. no glitz or hype ! Just some good weather, fun trails and solid timing by the PCA guys! Its too bad that is it for til next winter. That was the only Socal enduro series.