Let's see how dusty Skinsuit is on Sunday

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by mike001, Feb 16, 2015.

1. mike001

mike001 Well-Known Member

Sunday 2/22
    8am start at the gate

Black Star Canyon fire road > Skinsuit > Skyline Drive > Black Star with singletrack options

http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=25323
    Thanks, Gene, for the geoladders entry

Mostly an endurance challenge. The tougher parts on Skinsuit are readily walkable and not lengthy. A great trail for a bike of any travel — or no travel. (No chunk to speak of.) Spectacular position, great sight lines, twisties, steep dirt with some erosion and ruts. Nonstop fun from top to bottom. A great tour of the range.

Tried to post this ride at imtbtrails; site works only sporadically for me

2. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Realtor/Full Realty
    After the Southridge Races are over you're on!! I've been told I will love Skinsuit...never ridden it before.

Weather is ideal for Palm Canyon Mike. Bring the wife, bring your bike and let's hit it!!

*I have a lovely apartment w resort type pools at my complex and I like to entertain. :)

3. mike001

Sounds great, rox, very tempting! I'm lucky to pry the weasel away from the books for any ride...but the clock is ticking for PCE and I'd like to tick it. You order up a rain squall and I'll burn gas : )

4. mike001

Jaime, I hope you got your ears on...

Weather shaping up nicely.

5. jaime

jaime Member

thanks mike ! hey I did skinsuit a couple months ago and want to go again, following the masters, but.... had a little fall last Sunday and left hand isn't moving very well, the rash on elbow and knee are no problem, since they are healing fast and good, but my left hand, I'm thinking that I landed on it and bend it backwards, anyways, it still hurts big time, I barely can close it like a fist... and I don't think I could put my weight on it coming down on skinsuit, but hey ! you guys have a great time and if posible let me know around what time you guys think will be at the bottom of skinsuit, and I'll be more than happy to bring a cold one for each one of you, while you recharge some fluids !!!!

6. mike001

Jaimebro, WTF, bustin up your paws like that?! "No Bueno!" (I know the hand injury drill well.)

When you get up and running we will get on something...think of what sounds good. My pal D can't do SS this weekend, so it's likely I'll be doing it again soon, fwiw. But just get fully healed so we can do some carefree supermanning.

That's such a sweet offer to dose us with fluids...thanks, man! It's looking like 10:30-11:00am at the bottom, but I won't hold you to it. The offer alone will help me up that hill!

To speedy and complete healing...and riding when you're ready.

7. mike001

I'm not going to find out how dusty Skinsuit is on Sunday. I'm joining up with another group for another ride.

My apology to those thousand-plus thread viewers who thought it sounded like a great idea but were going to see how things went Saturday before they committed in the 11th hour for this great trail. I'll be doing it in the near future with my pal D, so get ready for more clicking, er, riding mountain bikes.

Jaime, you still rock, man.

8. jaime

jaime Member

Mike no worries !! hey but send me a PM when you guys are ready to come down to SS, that way I don't miss the date !