KHS Bikes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddha, Jun 5, 2007.

1. buddha

buddha New Member

Anyone have experience with KHS bikes? I'm looking at their XC 104 and XC 204 models. Thanks

2. guero

guero iFroth

i dont have any experience with khs. you should check out the reviews on mtbr.com.

3. buddha

buddha New Member

I have, I just wanted to gather more opinions from as many sources as I can. Thanks

4. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I really like my KHS FR2000(for sale though) but it isn't the XC model...They seem to be a decent entry level bike for the $$...

5. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

i'd go with the xc204 out of the two, hit up adrenaline for pricing and possible build kit upgrades...

6. CruIsRad!

CruIsRad! New Member

I think I'm probably the only KHS rider on the board. lol.

I'm on a Team ST, same frame as the Solo-One but with gears. I really like their bikes...feels nice, good build quality, and CHEAP because they are made in Taiwan.

KHS' BMX arm is Free Agent. Also good bikes.

They also made on of the best CrMo MTB frames back in the days of the Ritchey P-21, Bontrager RaceLite, etc.

Can't vouch for the newest models or FS rigs, but they have always made good stuff and been well reviewed.

7. buddha

buddha New Member

Thanks for the replies. Yea, between the two, I'd get the XC 204. MSRP is $1,099 so I figure I could get it for maybe $900 or so on sale. Components seem decent for a FS bike at that price range.

8. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

software development
    that was my first MTB back in the day really enjoyed riding it around Tucson trails. i thought it was expensive back in the day [early 90's]... pffft what did i know back then???

9. PacMan

PacMan New Member

I bought 2 '05 KHS AM1000 frames from Bob's Bikes in Boise, one for my son and one for me. It was a bit heavy in my opinion, but what do you expect for $350??

I sold the frame to my dad and he uses it as a back-up rig. The suspension is nothing special but it works. They are a little on the heavy side but very functional. If you get a good deal on one, go for it.

Additionally, a friend of mine in Ventura county has an '04 XC 204 and is on his third frame due to weld cracks. KHS's customer service is always helpful and the frames get warrantied, but that's still an issue. But considering it's on an '04 model, the problem may have been fixed by now.

10. Big Guy

Big Guy New Member

Engineer
    I had a Comp ST, the frame broke (look at my sign in name to know why) but KHS replaced the bike and upgraded me to a Team ST... after 2 years.
    Last year I won the Alite3000 hardtail in a raffle, I like it. It climbs great. it's a great second bike.

11. 26'er Zen Master

26'er Zen Master S.F.B

Doggie dentals
    Home Page:
    KHS is a huge company they are a major parts supplier similair to BTI or QBP but they also have their house brand frames. The quality is great for the money and their service is bar none I have seen them take back warranty issues with no questions. The build kits on their bikes are usually equivilent to bikes twice their price and have features you only see on big name bikes. And listen to TK call adrenaline for pricing and availability

12. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

I rode a Pro ST for a couple of years.
    Fun bike that climbed well. It's still hanging in the garage (maybe to return as a singlespeed? :-k)

To speak towards the KHS quality - I am currently still riding the front wheel from this bike. 317 rim with a KHS house brand Powertools hub.
    5 years of riding with virtually no maintenance, except for a tune from the Path. It's finally showing it's age but that's a pretty good track record!

13. imapodaddy

imapodaddy New Member

Home Page:
    Hey guys,

MtnBikeRiders.com is sponsored by KHS Bicycles. So what does that mean to you? Well basically we get to demo bikes from KHS and report it on our site. In fact I just got their Tandemania Alite last Friday to review. My partner Moe and his wife both ride the KHS XC 204 (demo bike) and XC 104.

[​IMG]

KHS makes some great bikes and the company is awesome. They even donated an AM2000 frame that we're building up.
    Here's the build progress.
    Mountain Bike Riders

We even wrote an aritcle about KHS on our site. You should read it, you'll learn all about KHS and find out that they are one of the smaller, but big bike companies. Heck even their pro DH and 4X teams are doing well this season
    Mountain Bike Riders » KHS Bicycles, The Biggest Little Bicycle Company in the World
    Buddha, here's some more info on the demo bike we have.
    Mountain Bike Riders » KHS XC204 Preview

Hope that helps.