June 8 SoCal enduro Temecula

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by TJ3490, Mar 25, 2014.

1. TJ3490

TJ3490 New Member

USMC
    Has anyone competed in these events before? Looks like they are recurring events. New to this scene but very interested in enduro type events and this one seems perfect for me. I am trying to gather some info so I can go up there and preride the course to see if it's do-able for me. Any info or assistance would be great. Thanks everyone.

http://www.socalendurance.net/socal-enduro.html

2. socal_eric

socal_eric New Member

Computer stuff
    I haven't done their enduro events but have "raced" in the 12/6 Hours series (which is a day before this enduro event). I didn't do their race earlier in the year but I think the courses have been very similar with the enduro event using three timed sections. If you haven't rode out at Vail Lake and are just getting into biking like mentioned in your other post a 6 or 12 Hours solo race might be another option as you can ride your pace and try to do as many laps as possible.

3. TJ3490

TJ3490 New Member

USMC
    Yeah I looked at that one but I'm not sure if I'm ready for a 6 hr race or ride! I'm trying to scope out the course to see if I could actually do it. But I am going to give the 6-12 hour race a thought also, it would be fun also. I ride a giant reign x so it does much better going down than going up but I tend to manage. If you know or could somehow point me to the course so I can check it out I'd appreciate it. I looked on the site but only got a general idea of where it is. Thanks.

4. socal_eric

socal_eric New Member

Computer stuff
    The nice thing about the six-hour race is you don't have to ride the entire six hours straight. You can take a break between laps with the goal of doing as many as possible. It would also give you a little more course and riding time.

If you can get over this way on the weekend or during the week and pre-ride the courses it should give you a pretty good idea where you're at and some familiarization with what to expect on race day. It only costs $5 for entrance fee and usually isn't super busy.

5. Spartticus

Spartticus Member

6. africanguru

africanguru New Member

have done the 12 h few times, 3 man team. great fun. tough course. highly recommend it

7. TJ3490

TJ3490 New Member

USMC
    Thanks for all the info everyone, and the sweet vids Nate. I'll have to get up there and check it out, probably gonna do this as my first race! If anyone with experience can give me advice and pointer it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm a noob here so my training is lacking, but I'm generally pretty decent on bikes. Thanks.

8. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    The temecula trails are pretty tame. More flowy than anything. If you don't mind driving a bit further, there is an enduro going on this weekend in Moreno Valley. Check out www.racersandhcasers.com fr more info. The racers and chasers events are very beginner friendly. They will definitely get you hooked.

And here's your advice...ride faster!

9. TJ3490

TJ3490 New Member

USMC
    I'm thinking of registering right now..

10. Caliryder

Caliryder New Member

Did anyone grab a photo of the results for the race today they could post? I got a quick glimps but I had to head out. Thanks if you do, it was a lot of fun, a little warm but good times with good people.

Jake