ISOTUNED Suspension aka drakethomas (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by 92se-r, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harosocalrider

harosocalrider New Member

I have heard good things about although i have never had any work done by him i am curious how your domain turns out so keep us\me posted and good luck.

2. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Suspension tech, propulsion system tech,Space stat
    Of course it will have stickers, that way people know your TTTTTTUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.lol

No luck needed, just some tools, some knowledge , some oil, some clean work area, and lots of love.lol:bang:Oh and magic pixie dust , forgot.

3. harosocalrider

harosocalrider New Member

Haha that's funny but i wasn't directing the good luck comment towards your work from i hear you do great work it was more of a general good luck :beer:

4. jhardeman

jhardeman Member

Software
    Got Drake?

Drake did an outstanding job on a Pike, RP23 and Reba for me. He is super friendly, knowledgeable and fast. It worked out for both pick up and drop off, that he came to my house! Door to door service :beer:. I will definitely use him again. Although... I didn't get any stickers!!! :)

5. NipomoGuy

NipomoGuy Tink's first sponsor

flying my mental jet
    I sure will keep ya posted! If he can get my fork to better than new performance, he is officially a suspension god!

Whats your sticker look like? :D

6. bk12

bk12 New Member

I had Drake tune a Fox TALAS 36RC2 for me, and he did an exceptional job. I am outside of your standard tuning range, so to speak, and he did great work. It is significantly more plush, without blowing through travel on hits. Recommended!

7. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Sorry out, as we speak, how about two?:lol:When we get new..Very shortly

8. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    Have a pic of what your stickers look like? :)

your out of them right now? does that mean my domain won't have one? :(

:lol:

I kinda want to see a photo documentary of how you do stuff :D haha, that would give me somthing to drool over :)

9. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    Can you convert my 2010 Reba Team Dual Air 120mm 29er fork to coil? What would it cost?

Could I get a Ti spring for it?

Thanks

10. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Coil u turn?Parts are about 50$, labor depends on condition of fork? I know its new but how new?

11. Rob

Rob Active Member

I've changed the oil once, it's got about 9 months of riding. I went to convert it to coil, but I needed more parts than just the coil, so I just changed the oil on it.

Stanchions are scratch free.

Forgot to mention it's got the 20mm thru axle if that matters.

Would like to use the u-turn coil.

12. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    Did i read somwhere that you can press in new steerers?!!

13. Rob

Rob Active Member

Specifically it was missing the bottom retaining clip and the U-turn baseplate.

I want to have it converted over and tuned to my weight and riding style. Trying to get better small bump compliance and also the reliability for long distance multiweek bikepacking.

14. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Yes I can, :-kcertified 4130 cromo, insanely strong and damn light.Only the best for my fellow MTBRs.

Being older than 6mos, i would like to do a full service. Labor plus parts 125$.New primary dirt seals, new foam rings, new oil, new coil parts, everything cleaned and assembled correctly.:clap:

15. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    One day last ont when I went to put the M6 to sleep after a long day in the fields I noted my 40 was weeping to the point that I had a nice drip going all the way down the lower, To make a long story short, I sent a PM to Drake, he responded the next morning and and off I went to drop it off to get serviced, as the was another ride looming in the not so distant future.

Once we arrived, I was surprised at how professional and knowledgeable Drake was and after a bit of conversation(as he took my for apart to inspect it) I ended up pulling the trigger on a complete porting and tuning... To my surprise I received a call the next afternoon to let me know that if I needed it back I would be able to pick it up that evening.

Got it back, put it on and hit some new dirt, although a short ride as I managed to get wadded up and re-injure my wrist, I must say that the fork felt amazing, rebound was much faster but did not feel as though it was pushing nor was there any "top out" it seems to suck up the big stuff while being a bit more compliant on the small sharp edges as well.

Bottom line, approx 24 hours and a fork that seems better than new... I will update this once I spend some time on the bike "bootleg is in the near future"

No stickers though

17. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    So my fork is back!!!!

Before i get to the fork, i have to give a big fat double thumbs up for my experience with Drake. He knows his shit, he's honest, he's good with updates, he doesn't talk about anything vaguely... Thats how buisnesses need to be!

Ok, now for the fork! :D

First impressions: When i unboxed the fork, the first thing i noticed was how farking spotless it was! I dunno what you use to clean stuff, Drake, but i don't think that fork has ever been so clean. I actually giggled because it was so clean! I pretty much admired it for a good 5 minutes before i even thought about installing it. I played with the adjusters a bit, and found that when i turned the u-turn adjuster, it would extend in steps (HOLY STICTION, BATMAN!) but that's normal because it got new bushings. I was a wee bit bummed that i didn't find a sticker though :( but thats okay :)

The first ride: I installed the fork, took me a while because i forgot how the brake adapter was supposed to mount up :D but i got it! You may have seen my thread about my hub destroying itself, shimano is awesome and my wheel is gonna be done by friday, but until then, i'm using the wheel off my rockhopper (damn near as strong). Anyway, i took it for a ride down to my school and back, about 6 miles. The stiction that i noticed when i unboxed it almost wasn't there as far as i could tell while bombing around town, it's there, but it feels tiny! Performance was INSANE! Never has it felt so "right" on the big bumps and hits. The damper actually works better than new now, and the fork doesn't clunk when i hit the brakes due to bushing slop!

The fork only has about 2 hours of moderate use on it out of the 10 hours that Drake said it would take to fully break in, so by then the stiction should be gone!

I'll update this when i finish breaking it in and i get a proper ride in on it.

Drake, your the man! If anybody needs suspension work, i'm pointing them towards you!

18. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

All stickerless repairs are being handled, as I ran out, I only use one shop for all Graphic work, they are the bomb.So all people who have recently had repair work or tuning done will recieve said items in the mail.Plus a FREEBIE .Thanks.:beer:Let me know, as bushing sizing is critical for longevity, the diametric window tolerance is only a few thousandths of an inch.

19. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

Another praise for drake.

Needed parts, Hit up drake, told me he could order them, He did, and he hand delivered them to me the day they came in.

I'm definitely going to keep using drake for suspension parts, and as soon as i need service, i've heard too much first hand praise to not send it to him.

Solid guy, great communication, hand delivery.

Rock on Drake - Good to meet ya!

20. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

It is always nice to put a face on a voice.Right back at ya.:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.