Incycle (all locations/threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by TooManyTacos, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Incycle sale

Went late yesterday tires are 20% off which was what I went for but saw other stuff 20 to 60% off.Everything is discounted good selection. Some good deals if you're in the area. Rode Bonelli after since it's right there bring your bike and hit some local dirt. :wave:

11 to 4 today Sunday

2. johnny_coffin

johnny_coffin Ride To The Hills

Santa Monica Mountains Cyclery
    Home Page:
    hey guys ... im stoked i was able to help you all out and with a good memory.... like ONEG said i have moved on... i am now a inside sales rep with khs/free agent bicycles.... im more than willing to lend my advise or even help you with your bikes whenever i have free time(weekends)

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Edit:Expired

4. Shortfuze

Shortfuze New Member

Murse!
    Nothing but good vibes from the people at Incycle San Dimas. Helped me restore/update an old Peugeot mountain bike my old man gave me back in the '80's. Top notch work, fast and friendly folks there. I always feel like a kid in a candy store when I stop by.

5. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Monday event at San Dimas Incycle

As always Incycle has come through with several repairs this last month while I waited quick and thorough. Best LBS around!!:wave:
    Here's an event some of the women might be interested in this coming Monday.

Flyer:http://incycle.com/page.cfm?pageId=400

"Join Incycle.com as we host a night of cycling for women! On Monday, March 23rd at 6:30PM, we will hold an event for women cyclists to come and hang out with fellow riders. The event will take place at Incycle in San Dimas. In attendance to answer any cycling questions will be ValueAct Capital Womens Cycling Team, Velo Classic Tours presented by Incycle.com, and Pro MTB / Incycle rider Krista Park. Sponsors for the event include: Incycle, Specialized, CyclingNutz.com, and SC Velo."

6. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Swap meet/sale

http://incycle.com/

Just a heads up there is a sale and swap meet at the Incycle stores this weekend worth a visit if you're anywhere near any of the stores.:)

7. b3rnard

b3rnard Member

Most complete bicycle store in LA County, I don't think so.

Went in the Pasadena store yesterday looking for BMX brake levers, they did not have a single one. Not even a cheapo or used lever :lol:

Ok let's try something else, 32T 104BCD chainring, zip. I asked a couple of guys... to bad they were too busy on a sales pitches for bigger ticket items.

Walked away....:-k

8. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Can't speak for the Pasadena store never been sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
    The San Dimas shop is local for me always top notch/quick repair service. Well stocked with both bikes and parts always attentive in helping me find what I need or order if parts aren't available in store. Never a negative experience here. Great sale this weekend came away with several items Saved tons of $$ favorite buy were the most comfortable well designed gloves to date the Serfas RX women's lite gloves for $15 marked down from $35. You rock thanks for all the great service over the years!!!

Edit: Sorry for your poor experiences but the positive feedback I've heard from friends and fellow riders by far outweighs any negative.

9. Margaritaman

Margaritaman It's just tequila...

Sales
    Can't please all of the people all of the time.

10. davidB

davidB Active Member

true, but if either the pasadena or san dimas store could have anything in stock ever that would be nice. Guess I'm just spoiled by better shops.

I went into the San Dimas shop two weeks ago and they had maybe two 9spd sram chains in stock and they weren't anything i'd use.

11. Kritter

Kritter Member

Suspension Design Engineer
    Home Page:
    I disagree. They never have anything I (or anybody I ride with) need or in the rare cases they do it's overpriced and the staff other then the lady at the chino store is ehhh. I like the lady at the chino store. She calls you by your first name and is helpful. They will call the other stores and usually they dont have what you need either. Definitly not a shop that caters to mountain bikes though so I dont really fault them but I choose not to shop there unless in a pinch since its 2 blocks away.

Younger staff is also pretty out there as far as being hipsters...older staff is better.

I will say every once in a while there is a good deal to be had on a bike I hear but I prefer to give a shop business who has what I need when i need it at a fair price.

12. Margaritaman

Margaritaman It's just tequila...

Sales
    Ahh, instant gratification.
    Anyone remember when we used to pick up the phone to call multiple stores to find what we were looking for...before the internet (over 40 guys chime in here).
    Nowadays there are so many different versions of said parts it is almost impossible to have one of everything.
    With that being said I don't expect a store to always have what I'm looking for. What I do expect is a smiling face and someone to recognize me from a week earlier. If they don't have it, I order it, and it's there in three days (just like the internet).
    I guess it all depends on your point of reference. Bottom line is I'm happy to have a decent bike shop so close to me.

13. desertman103

desertman103 Baby racer

Is dog killer the cat still roaming around incycle? Whenever im in there i never see it ... I remember the cat from my bmx days haha sorry for the random question :?:

14. mr.plow

mr.plow pushit

in cycle has always taken care of us (me and my girl) when ever we cant get things done our selves. their service techs seam to know what they are doing and they have the biggest inventory around (save jenson). down side is that they are expensive so i only go there as last resort. oh, and the staff is super friendly.

15. Adrian

Adrian foesnasty no more....

ya, the cat is still there

16. desertman103

desertman103 Baby racer

Nice!:bang:

17. lala_not_lola

lala_not_lola JfromLV Fan Club Sec

bike shop manager
    Home Page:
    Hello all,
    Thank you very much for the constructive criticism and much kind words from everyone. We at INCYCLE, definitely appreciate and value all of our customers.
    We do our best to keep our prices at the lowest we possibly can. If a manufacture gives us a suggested retail we advertise this price to be able to stay competitive in our market place. Most of the time this is not enough margin,but we do this to try to stay competitive. 2008 and 2009 prove to be very interesting we like a lot of other bike stores,mail order(Jenson etc) have been faced with a lot of cost of goods increases, Incycle has absorbed so much of this, but there is a point that we do need to raise some prices this is inflation it sucks!!!!!! Since day one Incycle has and will continue to best serve our customers and fellow riders, we will do this by being as friendly and competitive as humanlly posible. We allways try to be as price sensitive as we can afford to be, price is a big priority of ours and great customer service. I cannot say there may not be the unfortunate situations, we are not perfect, but without constructive criticism we cannot grow. So for all the responses and posts we would like to sincerly THANK YOU. We at INCYCLE are on this and will work very hard for each and everyone of you that come thru our doors. Thank you once again from Mark care of INCYCLE. Please email any problems,concerns,issues and of course nice comments anytime to [email protected].
    Dawg(our cat) is still here he is getting a little older as you can imagine........
    Thank you again for everyones continued support over the years----we still love what we do.. Mark

18. Kritter

Kritter Member

Suspension Design Engineer
    Home Page:
    I take back some of what I said since I do like Mark and his effort/help/attitude.

19. Tri_Danimal

Tri_Danimal No More Uphill? :-(

Manufacturing Engineer
    Incycle in San Demis is nothing but amazing to our team(Cal Poly Cycling). However I have never had any luck at the chino store, only been there a few time compared to the San Demis store (im there at least once a week). Hopefully the staff keep up there good work and make it through the recession. thanks for everything Incycle.

20. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I really like the San Dimas store and I do like their prices. They've even given me a discount on a couple of occasions. I appreciate that. When I first started mountain biking I went to the Chino store and bought a bike. Specialized Rockhopper. Nice bike but had some issues with some of the componets right from the start. Took it back for the tune up and the guys in the back were really great and went to work and got me fixed up right away. I tried to talk to Dominic about some other things and was ignored but I thought maybe he was to interested in something on the internet. Anyways I left but felt a little angry but not to put out. A year later I came back looking for a full suspension bike. Dom gave me a deal on a frame from two years back but it was still a good deal. After I got the bike built there I went to pick it up and he wouldn't give me the time of day. He basically just ignored me but the guys in the back were great. I even hooked up with a ride with them. Fast foward another year and I go in to look around and end up buying another bike. Dom was very good about helping me this time but the minute after the sale was complete he went back to ignoring me again. Oh well, nothing new. Next time I went to another bike store and I can honestly say I've bought 3 bikes myself from them and have sold for them 15 others. Sharky knows who I'm talking about she bought one of those bikes. But the folks at SD are great (even Dirttorpedo).