Incycle (all locations/threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by TooManyTacos, Aug 6, 2007.

1. TooManyTacos

TooManyTacos Or Not Enough

I've visited Incycle's Pasadena location several times to check out bikes, and once for a headset install. Their selection is pretty good, and the staff seems knowledgeable about the product lines they carry. I bought a Redline Monocog 29er from them, and they sold it to me without tax, which I thought was pretty fair.

A few weeks ago, I brought in a headset for installation on my Hardrock singlespeed. I asked if they could do the install while I waited, and even though they looked pretty busy, they agreed to do it. It took about thirty minutes and they did a good job. The headset (FSA Orbit UF) had a different compression nut thing--not a standard star nut--so they had to knock the original star nut out and install the FSA one. Even though it was a little extra work, they still charged me the normal installation rate. The repair staff was very courteous as well.

In closing, I like this shop very much and would recommend it to anyone in the area.

2. davidB

davidB Active Member

yup, been there a couple times but I had an issue with getting the correct tube size. The guy I was talking to couldn't immediately find the right size tube I was asking for, so he gave me one a size smaller in a rush. (1.3 tube, i was asking for the 1.75-2.?) I passed on it, even though it would obviously fit and work, and magically the guy found a couple of the size i needed. I think he was rushed or something because he took no effort to look for what I was asking for.

Now their San Dimas shop rocks my shop. A billion employees whenever you walk in asking you if you need help.

I'd take my bike in for service to either of their shops over where I bought my bike. (Velo Pasadena, will not set a foot in there again)

3. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Incycle, San Dimas

Just wanted to say a huge Thankyou to the folks at Incycle. I had a total brain fart and forget my helmet for my ride today Marshall Canyon/Mt. Sac. I zoomed over to Incycle because they were the closest shop. Unfortunately it was about 9:30am and they don't open till 10am.

I knocked on the door and "Church-ee" opened up but unfortunately told me they couldn't help me because the registers and everything were still off. I offered to pay cash but no dice.

However, he did tell someone inside and a real nice lady (Laurel, or Laurie, sorry I'm bad with names) offered to boot up the register/computer system so I could buy a helmet real quick.

Ran to the back, picked up a Giro Xen and was out of there in 2 min. and was only 10 min. late to my ride.

Anyhow, I'm sure they don't want to make this a regular practice open the shop door early. But I just wanted to let everyone know that they've got a cool shop and they helped me out of a bind.

If you're in the San Dimas, La Verne area, definitely check them out. It's good shop, lots of stuff, and nice folks.

Carl

4. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Incycle is having their Christmas sale tomorrow (Friday) through Sunday. 40% off clothing, 25% off helmets and 10 to 80% off rest of store merchandise. Their San Dimas store rocks check them out. Big selection of bikes, too.

5. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    Hey Sharky,1) nice to meet you 2) You asked about racing? Sparked an interest. What do you have planned. You only get better with experience!

6. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    I love hearing stories like this... riders taking care of riders... I have been in the San Dimas store and that place is loaded with fun stuff....:clap:

7. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

BUMP! This public service announcement was brought to you by :?:

Anyway, Looks like Incycle is having a sale this weekend!
    40% off clothing... 25% off helmets.... 10-80% off the rest of the store!
    P.S.- Good job on the Pasadena store! :clap:

8. davidB

davidB Active Member

bah, deleted, not worth writing about. see sig

9. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    Incycle, Pasadena

I've been building a Turner RFX through Incycle in Pasadena and I thought I should post a review and thanks for my experience with them so far.

I recently joined the DH team there but I don't think the service I have received has anything to do with it. Everyone there has been totally professional, knowledgeable and most of all, shared in my excitement for the new build.

While I hate to single out anyone, I must. Johnny has taken this build and made it his own, he has called me at every step of the way to make sure that every inch of it meets with my approval. He's been building as if it was his own and in part it will be.

I have built three bikes from scratch with the help of a shop and this by far has been the most positive experience. They have set the bar on this one and I feel I am spoiled from now on.

Just my two cents.

Thanks guys

Mott

10. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

This thread is worthless without pics. Post them up. :)

11. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    Worthless? Are you serious? I hope not.

I will post pics when I pick it up tomorrow.

12. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

Kidding of course. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

13. davidB

davidB Active Member

you probably had a better experience building your bike than I did through them, but they're still sorta cool in my book due to nothing else of that kind around here.

14. Adrian

Adrian foesnasty no more....

Johnny and Bryon are really helpful... glad to hear they took care of you

15. ChariotsOfTires

ChariotsOfTires Fenceline/Hewhobendspoles

Help Desk Analyst
    Incycle Shops Rock!!!

Sharky,
    Too true, this store is awesome. I picked up my Specialized Rockhopper from them and was set up good. It's my first bike and the staff was way helpful. They didnt try to take me for a ride and lead to the most expensive bike out there, rather they listened to what I needed and helped me decide based on that. Totally there to help me. There store in Chino is smaller, but they do good work. I've had them work on my bike a few times doing tune ups. Its off of Mountain and the 60 fwy. Love these Shops!!!

16. TooManyTacos

TooManyTacos Or Not Enough

I've always liked shopping at the Pasadena store, but I visited Incycle San Dimas today and was equally impressed. Very cool people there--I found what I needed and was well taken care of. Excellent!

17. onegymrat

onegymrat New Member

Grinder
    Johnny helped me with my Epic build back in March as well. He is really cool and laid back. Currently, I'm just about finished with a new build, an '05 S-works Stumpy FSR. Had to get the cranks and headset put on. Went in late Monday night and they were slammed! I wanted to work on the build and couldn't without having this done. Johnny saw me and said no prob, took 15 minutes and voila! Too bad it's his last week here. He is moving on to bigger and better things.

For me at Incycle Pasadena, Sam (young, hispanic dude with beard) has always been willing and able to help. He helped me with my first purchase over two years ago and is still as patient with my questions as ever. Without him, I would not bother going back there other then dire emergencies. Hats off to Sam for making a wanna-be wrench feel welcomed.

18. dssgaffler

dssgaffler Complete Sellout

Incycle, Chino

I saw threads for Incycle, Pasadena & Incycle, San Dimas. I've gone to Incycle, Chino for years. They helped me build a Cannondale Hardtail from scratch a few years ago plus their mechanics are top-notch. When you go in, there are a bunch of young guys and a cat and it kind of throws you off at first, but those young guys are very professional, very polite and really know how to diagnose a problem. Sure their inventory isn't huge but for maintenance, they are my favorite shop. If you ever need expert advice on Cannondales, go see them, I don't care how far of a drive it will be.

19. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Incycle is having their big end of summer sale all weekend.

The infamous Dirttorpeedo is working the San Dimas store all weekend that there is reason enough to go. ;):beer:
    Sat. 10-6
    Sunday 11-4

That's all carry on :wave:

Edit: Don't forget his birthday spankins!!

20. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Yeah, I hear it's his birthday!