Holy Jim to Main Divide and then take Los Pinos to Bell View back to the wash

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by giantschwinn, Feb 20, 2015.

1. giantschwinn

giantschwinn Member

Has anyone done the Bell View descent? I normally take the Trabuco Creek trail descent and am normally pretty pooped out by the time I get there. How much more difficult of a ride is it if I were to take Los Pinos to Bell View, instead of taking the Trabuco Creek singletrack down?

2. mike001

mike001 Well-Known Member

There is no comparing the descent from MD down Trabuco Creek with the trip over LP Ridge. The former is a joyous spin down the drainage with no climbing, the latter an endless series of steep HABs and taxing, technical descents, very little cruiser terrain, in a remote location.

3. kcm

kcm New Member

why? why would you want to miss the joy of Trabuco downhill.... its always good to explore but sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason...could always continue on main divide to blue jay and down san juan...

4. giantschwinn

giantschwinn Member

I know Los Pinos is tough and I probably won't ever try to ride that trail. But what I am suggesting is taking Los Pinos for a short distance then jump onto Bell View. Is Bell View just as bad as Los Pinos?

5. JDubb

JDubb New Member

I believe you mean the Bell Ridge Trail (bell view is a county trail down below)

Bell Ridge is similar to Los Pinos Ridge on a lesser scale. It has all of the backcountry elements of Los Pinos (HAB's, steel up/down, remote, etc). It is significantly more in effort and distance than the descent down trabuco!

I suggest an up trabuco/down Bell Ridge to try it out.

PS., never say never ! With proper preparation, patience and effort, Los Pinos Ridge is a must do for all true MTB'rs. Up San Juan - down Los Pinos is a beautiful loop that is hard to match in OC!!