Hola from MWBA and our 11/14 Shuttle Run with Brian Lopes & Kyle Strait!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Erik H. - MWBA!, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Erik H. - MWBA!

Erik H. - MWBA! New Member

Home Page:
    Hey hey STR! I have not personally spent a lot of time here on STR but wanted to share our upcoming Fall event with the broader community. Please let me know if there is a better place in STR to post the event and the flyers, but I felt an introduction of myself was appropriate as well..

I'm Erik Hillard and I'm on the board of Mt Wilson Bicycling Association up in the Pasadena area. MWBA does monthly trail work in the Angeles National Forest and concentrate on great single track you may already know well: Sunset Ridge, El Prieto, and Sam Merrill.

I grew up in the Central Coast and starting mountain biking as a teenager in the mid-90s. A great time learning to shred and also learning about the importance of trail courtesy. Anyway, I now live in the Pasadena area and regularly ride a Surly Single Speed and a Santa Cruz Bronson in the Angeles National Forest. If you haven't been up here, you definitely should come out and ride here.

This upcoming Saturday, Nov. 14th we are hosting a Fall Membership Drive and TACO event and everyone is welcome! We've partnered with our local shuttle company, Southern California Outdoor Adventures for a shuttle run with special guests Brian Lopes and Kyle Strait! We are pretty stocked to have such great athletes join us for a ride and tacos. The shuttle spots are limited and the cost includes a MWBA membership. You can also climb to Henninger Flats where everyone will be hanging out and enjoying tacos. The climb to Henninger is a local classic fire road challenge. Steep and switchbacked for just under 3 miles with killer views and picnic campgrounds at the top.

Anyway, I hope some of you join us for this event. It should be a blast. CHEERS!

[​IMG]

herzalot and trailninja like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Post this on IMTB Trails too. It'll see more traffic. More LA-based riders up there and FAR more activity than STR. And most of them love long fire-road climbs!

MnMDan likes this.
  3. Erik H. - MWBA!

Erik H. - MWBA! New Member

Home Page: